jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Was Adam of The Holy Bible one single man or does The Holy Bible refer to "human

1. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 6 years ago

Was Adam of The Holy Bible one single man or does The Holy Bible refer to "humanity" by "Adam"

I am convinced that the name "Adam" given in the Genesis of The Holy Bible refers to the race of Man and not to one man. It is time that we understand that The Holy Bible is supposed to be understood in proper perspective.

2. lemmyC profile image79
    lemmyCposted 6 years ago

Adam is the natural man and from the scriptural point of view he is the man  from the earth. All natural men (men and women) partook of his sin nature and the consequences -spiritual death thereof as a result of sin Jesus is the spiritual man, from above. He is both God and Man. All those who receive him into their lives become new creation and have hope of eternal life. Eternal life is to know God the Father as the only true God and Jesus his only begotten son that he senr to the earth.
    In conclusion Adam is the natural man from the earth; and Jesus is the spiritual man  from above. We need both natures to be complete - having both man's nature and divine nature.

1. profile image55
      lord-of-nothingposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Very well stated. Thanks.

3. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

Adam in genesis is exactly one man. God later took "A" rib from Adam to create for him a wife. There were not a humanity's worth of ribs taken for a humanity's worth of single men.

However, the Bible does refer -in later parts of scripture- to all the descendants of one man in block or group terms. For example: "the line of Jesse", "the tribe of Benjamin", or "Judah".

The last one, Judah, refers to all the descendants of Judah. In this way, it would be acceptable to use the term "Adam" to refer to the descendants of Adam. However, Adam was originally just ONE MAN.

The idea that Adam in the beginning was more than one man is bizarre. It is impossible to derive such an idea from the scriptures. If you think back, I expect you will remember having heard this from someone else- that is how bad teachings originate. They can be traced back to those wolves scripture warns us about.

When I was in the Methodist church, I heard so many stupid and  bad teachings... the UMC is under the World Council of Churches- an organization established and controlled by Satanists and devils. (Part of the coming one world church, I expect.)

1. profile image55
      lord-of-nothingposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So where did Adam's sons get wive's? Obviously God created other men and women who had children. Where did the Egyptians come from, or the Babylonians? They weren't Part of Adam's bloodline? How do you explain all the different races?

4. ercramer36 profile image95
    ercramer36posted 6 years ago

Adam was one man out if which came woman when God took ones if Adam's ribs and created Eve.

5. royalblkrose profile image61
    royalblkroseposted 5 years ago

if you are convinced of your perspective, why ask the question? I am not attempting to be argumentative, just curious.
    If one gets a Strong's concordance, which gives us the original HEBREW words and meanings, "Adam" means 'ruddy MAN"

working