jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Do you believe in the Holy Bible?

1. capncrunch profile image75
    capncrunchposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in the Holy Bible?

Do you believe, All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that every man of God may be fully equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3: 16,17?

2. Nan Mynatt profile image61
    Nan Mynattposted 6 years ago

Yes I believe in the Bible. The Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Ghost, and given to his disciples.  The Bible is being fulfilled today, in Revelations, you need to read the book of Revelations and  come to your conculsions.

3. Harlan Colt profile image76
    Harlan Coltposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do. Fully and completely. However, I believe many of the new Bible's have been edited, changed ever so subtly. It is one of the main reasons the church is growing so weak today. Perverted Bibles.

Many people at the publishing companies will have hell to pay for what they have done to sell another version of the Bible for filthy lucre.

- Harlan

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

I believe that it has it's place in society in that it can teach good behavior.

5. chaunatye profile image60
    chaunatyeposted 6 years ago

I believe that it exists if thats what your asking. Other than that I think that it tells a very inspiring story and can help people do better in their lives and gives great advice. Thats about it though.

6. Born Again 05 profile image81
    Born Again 05posted 6 years ago

Yes I absolutely do! All scripture is God-breathed and inerrant! I agree with Harlan about the new versions. For myself, I study the KJV and the NKJV. Topgunjagger...our God is HOLY and can not look upon sin. He is just and righteous in all His ways. We are the ones full of sin. Jesus was God in the flesh; righteous and holy; without sin. He was cruelly beaten, humiliated and crucified because He loved us so much! He was the living sacrifice that gave of Himself so that we could have eternal life by believing in Him! Before you were conceived in your mother's womb, He died for YOU.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, absolutely..........................................................................

8. aka-dj profile image75
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

Well, I guess every Christian would have to say yes. Myself included.
    However, a lot of believers question the totality of that statement. There can be areas of ambiguity, confusion and a lack of understanding. Not because the Bible cannot be understood, but because being established in the Word takes time, and study.
    It's a journey we take, that will not end at death, because there is so much in God, we'll spend eternity "learning"! smile

9. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

honestly, though i'm an athiest i will say this. if you actually believe in the holy bible your a fool. it is a fact that many things have been changed in it over the last 10 centuries to make it more in accordance to what the church wants people to think. did you know that until 1865 the holy bible had references to unicorns but the church had these references removed when science proved that unicorns never existed. that is a fact not fiction like the bible.

10. Michael Adams1959 profile image52
    Michael Adams1959posted 6 years ago

Yes I do as it is written is as I believe.

11. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Yes I do and on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD shown me in a vision the other side of death. It is glorious.

12. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

How could I not believe in the bible?

13. Instigator profile image68
    Instigatorposted 6 years ago

I believe that the Bible was written, I don't believe that It was written by God through the Prophets. Actually I believe that it was written by a man or men as a way to control certain people who doubted the religions of the time and wanted something new to follow. People as a general can be easily manipulated using the right words and promising the right outcomes. In my opinion its kinda sad so many follow the words of a book that has been re-written time and time again too fit the teachings of certain religions. Also, to be following the words of people who lived thousands of years ago is ridiculous in my opinion. People have changed, technological advances have been made, and Science has come to have more relevance to our lives and brings more answers to our questions then the "faith" people put in writers long dead and outdated.

14. kafsoa profile image72
    kafsoaposted 6 years ago

Sure I do believe in Holy Bible, It's god's words to people!

15. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 5 years ago

I believe in the Holy Bible.  EVERYTHING in it is true!  Nobody can convince me otherwise.

working