jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Do you believe in Karma?

1. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in Karma?

We have heard a lot about Karma lately. Do you believe in Karma please explain in your own words what you believe Karma is and if it has ever came back to you.

2. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 5 years ago

Karma is a form of energy that seeks out a balance just like electrical or chemical or any other type of energy. I believe everything that exists seeks a balance and is driven by a force or energy of some sort. I feel like I am a very good person, I go out of my way to help others regularly. I sometimes wonder where my return is, but at the same time I suppose I am very lucky in ways. I am healthy and have 7 healthy kids how much more could one really ask for.

AEvansposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a beautiful balance and it seems like you keep having wonderful things happen to you. smile

3. profile image0
    MYWIKISTEPposted 5 years ago

Whatever you do comes back to you.
    This is what Karma is.

It is not something you cannot avoid, as meny people believe, but something you have control of, if you make this to be so.

Those are my thoughts too. smile

4. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

I have written about Karma before - anyone interested can read my article on "Kafka and Karma", from a couple of years back.

My karma acts fast and I am aware of it. I can still remember the last time I lost my cool and my karma came-back to bite me within minutes. I understood the experience for what it was, a lesson. Karma teaches us lessons. It is up for us to learn them or not ...

No way to escape karma so, in my opinion the only sensible thing to do is to aim at having good karma.

All the best!

I agree with you! I wish you would have shared the link but I will find my way to your hub. Thanks again. smile

2. 54braeburn profile image60
      54braeburnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here Mr. Happy, mine comes back very fast. I noticed as a young child, to watch my thoughts and mouth due to that. Kept me in line!

5. BDazzler profile image81
    BDazzlerposted 5 years ago

Karma, has many different names, "sowing and reaping", "reciprocity" or just plain old "poetic justice".

Karma says, "You get what you deserve", it is a natural law.  It is reflected in the old Newtonian law of physics, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  There is something natural about the universe balancing itself.

It is not, however a supernatural law. The "Supernatural Law" says, God, through Jesus gives us better than we deserve. 

So, yes, I believe in Karma, but I don't settle for it.

6. KlaHall profile image54
    KlaHallposted 5 years ago

I definitely believe in karma, but only as far as your intentions go. If you do something that is meant to hurt someone else than it will come back on you negatively. If you do something that hurts someone but it was with good intentions than i do not believe that anything negative will come back on you. You get back whatever energy you send out. smile

7. profile image0
    donnaMhicksposted 5 years ago

Absolutely - and its so much fun when Karma comes back and bites somebody in the uh...who has mistreated you or caused problems for you.

8. Mmargie1966 profile image94
    Mmargie1966posted 5 years ago

I absolutely do.  i believe that you are forgiven, however, must learn from difficult lessons.  That being said, you will pay now or later, but you will pay for your intentional misbehavior.

9. joniah2884 profile image60
    joniah2884posted 5 years ago

There are lots of factors that can be considered so you can't rely tell whether you have a good or bad karma. To put it simply, karma is just a term meaning that whatever action you have chosen, there is always an effect that follows.

10. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

No, since it is an eastern religious concept. I do believe in the law of the harvest though - as ye sow, so shall ye reap. Same concept, different source.