jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How did you build faith in the god you believe in?

1. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

How did you build faith in the god you believe in?

Mankind has had a lot of differnet gods over the years. How did you get faith in the god you believe in? Why not another god? If you choose the god of your parents, did you change to another faith after reviewing the other faith?

2. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 5 years ago

Prayed saying if you exist show me that i dont have doubts.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Assume that God does exist, thank him for the blessings you receive each day--you kept your job, your health is good, no one you love who is ill died, the sunrise, the sunset--you will get the hang of it and then ask him for the problems that you are facing, unemployment, ill parents, children doing things you told them not to do.

You will get answers, but in his time and not your time.

4. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 5 years ago

All I know is Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in the same "god," which is God Almighty.

Also, I am not really sure how I came to have the deep and unwavering faith that I have in God today -- but I do know that when I was in combat in Vietnam, my faith in God began growing by leaps and bounds.

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is kind of like prayer in school. It may not be allowed, but a lot of people do it. Being in Vietnam had to be a harrowing experience. Asking for help to survive each day would bring anyone closer to God and it is good that you turned to him.

5. profile image48
    sunrocksingerposted 5 years ago

It began as something my parents told me to do. But as I have grown older I have studied out the principles taught in my church's books of scripture, and done my best to live the things taught within. I pray to know that the things written in these books are true. The feelings and impressions that I receive while reading them are testament enough to me that not only does God exist, but that he lives and loves all his children. Give to God, and live by his teachings, and he will give back to you 100000x fold.