jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is the nature of man?

1. pmorries profile image76
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

What is the nature of man?

Is man basically good or evil? Why do you feel that way?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6741073_f260.jpg

2. xpertshukla profile image60
    xpertshuklaposted 5 years ago

Man is not of divine origins, nor is he headed that way; he is not perfect, nor is he perfectible. He is what he is; by nature formed.

1. Diane Dillon profile image58
      Diane Dillonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

THE NATURE OF MAN IS FLEXABLE. CAPABLE OF GOOD AND EVIL. I HAVE MET PEOPLE WHO ARE BASICALLY WITHOUT ANY CONSCIENCE WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE. THEY ARE SELFISH AND SELF INTERESTED, THE CENTER OF THEIR OWN UNIVERSE.THESE MEN ARE TO BE PITIED.

2. GracieLinda profile image78
      GracieLindaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I believe it to follow the nature of most animals. I do believe we are all divine.  All with souls.  All with the capability for anything given the right circumstance.

3. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Basically evil.  My religious reason is based on the Bible's description of man's sinful nature.  My Sherlock Holmesian logical thinker asks, "How many children do you know who have had to be TAUGHT to be disobedient?"  NONE...seems to go with the nature of the creature.

4. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Both. Ethics and good and evil vary from one person to another. No one knows whats truly right or wrong only what they perceive it to be, and thus every day people are committing acts which some people see as good but others see as evil.

working