jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do demons exist or are our actions the real demons?

1. Xezbeth profile image61
    Xezbethposted 5 years ago

Do demons exist or are our actions the real demons?

I read a comment in a hub by you saying that there are no demons or something of the sort and I woud really like to better understand what you mean. Could you please clarify?

2. profile image0
    MakJoSiposted 5 years ago

I think you have to first be clear of what religion you are asking. If you ask me, who is a Taoist master and exorcist, I can tell you that yes there are demons but not the ones said in Christianity. I welcome you to read my hub on "what is ghost in Taoism"  to know about the ghost and demons are basically other types of spiritual beings that we categorize with.. we don't only have "demon" , but many other things that you might even not heard of. I have a "taoism encyclopedia" up on my website as well which have tons of Taoism spiritual beings information.

3. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

There is something called demonic nature and that is based on behavior and the way a being thinks and views the world.  Demons are destructive, angry, evnious, decietful, unclean, arrogant, and narrow minded. They have no regard for other beings, and they only care that they get what they want.  These are some of the traits of demons. 

Demons come in all shapes and sizes.  Now, there are differnet level of demonhood as well as sainthood.  Both the angel and demon reside in each individual.  Their actions and thinking will determine which one they are in this world.

I hope that helps

4. jacharless profile image79
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

XezBeth, I apologize. I did not see this question. {slightly embarrassing}.
    Correct, there are no such things as demons, nor Satan {also known as Lucifer, Devil}. The first compilation of Christian based demonology came into existence almost precisely the same time the first canonical text {bible} was compiled.

In the Hebrew the term ha-satan means unclean, impure, oppose, oppress, advert, deter, block the path of, cause to stumble...in essence the human Ego. It is also used to describe Creator as blocking the path of, or hedging up with thorns. This term is mentions nearly 10,000 times in OT, and even in the NT, depending on the translation. In the language the "ha" is translated "the" and "satan" or "saatan" as a common word, not a proper name. This is where the confusion happened in the translation.

Now, in the Greek the word dæmon, is used to describe the human spirit. Generally a good spirit. In Hebrew a similar word is used defining a clean or unclean spirit. The actual term dæmon is specifically pagan, based on the Greco-Roman deities. In translation, the "æ" was transformed into just the "e" resulting in demon. The phrase again appears in Peter's vision of the blanket and other instances were simple to extreme afflictions were cured.

Lucifer actual is a Title ascribed to one man, the King of Babylon. He was an extraordinarily powerful king in his time. The translation of Lucifer is lucem ferre in the Latin, meaning light bearer or messenger. This was confused to mean angel, when he was not.

During the late 14th century, when the bible was compiled, was called the Dark Ages, paganism was running rapid throughout Europe. There is also something most do not know about the concept of demons and such, in the church. The intention of the leaders who decided what went into the text {many things left out} was to restore the glory of Rome. It is the precise reason why Rome was made the epicenter of Christianity by Constantine.

In short, no "fallen" angels, turned evil henchmen {demons} to a sovereign archangel named "Satan" or "Lucifer". Just people suffering mental, emotional -even spiritual affliction and in need of true healing from the truly anointed.

I hope this clarifies it a bit. If no, please feel free to email me, etc.
    James

working