This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Christians: Will There Be a Rapture?

1. jamesrk profile image42
    jamesrkposted 5 years ago

Christians: Will There Be a Rapture?

Christians are divided on whether or not we are correct to believe in a rapture. What do you think?

2. Jerami profile image70
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

It is written in scriptures that some time around 30 AD; Jesus said that all of these things shall be fulfilled in "THAT" generation but that no one knows what day or hour they will be finished.                                                                             That is like when the first Supper Bowl was played (American football)  someone may have said that Super bowl XXV will be played in their lifetime but no one knows what day and hour it will be played and no one knows who will be playing in it..
    Both statements were true when they were stated .....   Looking back in time, we know when the Supper Bowl was played and who won it.

If we are to believe prophesy, by reading history we know when the Rapture happened.
    When the 14th king (Emperor) of the fourth kingdom comes to his end (dies) Michael shall stand up for the children of Daniels people and some will be redeemed from among man and some shall be called from their graves. Daniel 11:45

This happened in 138 AD while the Hebrew Nation was being dispersed through out the rest of the Roman Empire. When the power of the Holy people was being scattered to the four winds.  When the sacrifice was taken away to another place, At this time Gods wife, the woman in Rev 12, was carried away into the wilderness.   All of the OT prophesy was pertaining to and delivered to to "That Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 138 AD.
    At that time Gods covenant with Abraham and every amendment added to it was made null and void.
    For Christ had made a NEW Covenant and none of the OT prophesy was a part of the New Covenant.

3. searchinsany profile image80
    searchinsanyposted 5 years ago

In my opinion there won't be a 'Rapture'. I believed for many years the doctrine of Dispensationalism which teaches this view, but on closer examination of the Scriptures I am now convinced it is incorrect.

1. Jerami profile image70
      Jeramiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The first Hard Core evidense And/or Description of it is written in Daniel 12:1 
      Children of Daniels people (Hebrews). And again in Revelation where they are described as being from the 12 tribes of Israel. There hasn't been 12  tribes for a lo....

2. Ms Dee profile image88
      Ms Deeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The 12 tribes of Israel in Rev. symbolize the "firstfruits" for God & Christ (14:4), the first of those who come after them in 14:16. Israel has become all those who are “the children of the promise” Rom 9:8, not just Abraham's physical decendant

4. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I'm not a Dispensationalism, but on closer examination of the Scriptures I am now convinced there is a rapture. From my studies I conclude that is what is depicted in Revelation 14 and I explain my conclusions in my hubs, "End Time Rapture & Losers in Revelation" and "The Central Idea in Revelation's Tribulation Chapters" (where the chiastic structure points at it) and "Contrasts of Symbols in Revelation - Two Harvests" (how the harvests, one which is the rapture, fit the literary style to bring this out). I've long questioned if and when the rapture is and now feel, for me, I've gained the clarity on this I have longed for.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Yes, the Rapture will definitely happen very soon.....it's all in the bible.  We don't know the hour or the day, only God knows.  All of the biblical prophesies have come true.......the only one left is the rapture

6. Saved by Jesus profile image56
    Saved by Jesusposted 5 years ago

Yes, there will be a Rapture....the Bible teaches that it will be at the end of the Tribulation, at the 7th Trumpet, when Jesus returns. (Matthew 24).  It also gives us hints as to how it will happen.....as in the day of Noah, and when Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.  Right before the flood started, Noah got into the Ark.  Right before God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah,  Lot was taken out of danger.  Those things were given to us as an example of what to expect.  Neither Lot or Noah were "raptured to Heaven", but they were taken to a place of safety, right before God's wrath fell upon the earth.  So it will be with us.....it implies that we will not be whisked away to Heaven before the Tribulation, but we will be taken to a place of safety while the Tribulation is happening.  Look at the Israelites....God's wrath fell upon Egypt with plagues, locusts, etc....but they were not harmed.....so it will be with Christians, I believe, during the Tribulation....we will have to go through it, but we will all be protected until Jesus comes back to gather His saints at the last trumpet...AFTER the Tribulation.  smile

1. Ms Dee profile image88
      Ms Deeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! And this fits with Revelation's trumpet judgments (tribulation), then the harvest (rapture) in chapter 14, and then God's full wrath of the Vials/Bowls (chapter 16) on the wicked.

7. Virtuous1 profile image61
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

You can count on it there will be a rapture for sure. read revelations if you doubt it?

8. Sinbadsailorman profile image74
    Sinbadsailormanposted 3 years ago

Yes There will Be a Rapture But It will Not Be Until after The Great White Throne of Judgment.

There is no Pre-Trib Rapture for there has never been such a thing and there is nothing New under This Son or our Sun.

Satan wishes for those to believe yet another lie for when it appears to happen he would have stolen and murdered many would be believers who were ready to repent truthfully.

666 is the sign we are watching for the sixth seal, Vial, and Trump. I have not yet come to known they have been broken, poured, or sounded yet have You? The seventh is not the End of It all only the End of Flesh and Satan's reign as God of this Planet.

There Is a Time for his release and his final attempt at being God of it this planet.

During his time in the lake of fire all flesh that remain alive  will still be here and be Instructed by Jesus Himself and the Elect of this world. The Millennium, still no rapture will have occurred.

God is not out there bringing you back here in your flesh. You will never have a flesh body again but will have your true body that you began with whatever that body is it will look much like you. The Events come as a women travaileth one immediately after the other. 

No free pass for the so called church for it wont be of age until after the Millennium. Once truth has been taught and all comprehend it as the truth. Satan is then released for a little season. to try and confuse the truth again. After this season we are separated and Tried by GOD The Father.

The Great White Throne can now appear and Judge the World. After This the Marriage takes place and the Rapture is Felt for we that remain will be gathered into the wedding feast. This is the Only Event I can equate to a Great Gathering and That is all a rapture Is. After This the New Heaven and The New Earth are establish By Father. The Rest is all a mystery yet to come. For The story is over a happy ending For GOD's Children and all else will be as it never was. No more Tears!

working