jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How has your faith impacted your marriage and vice versa?

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

How has your faith impacted your marriage and vice versa?

2. Jack R East Jr profile image59
    Jack R East Jrposted 5 years ago

HI Mighty Mom!

I met my wife, fell in love with her, and we were married in our local Presbyterian church in 1961.  We have attended church together for over fifty years and we both share the same beliefs.  Our faith and our marriage have been so closely interwoven together that it is impossible to seperate one from the other.

My best answer to your question is that our faith has had a deep impact on our marriage.  And vice versa our marriage has been nurtured and guided by our faith. In essence we are married under the law and we are also married by the joining of our faith.

I feel truly blessed to have that my faith be a such an important partner in my marriage.

Jack R East Jr

3. Saved by Jesus profile image55
    Saved by Jesusposted 5 years ago

When I got saved, my husband was not happy about it, because everything about me changed.  My husband was not a believer at all, and totally rejected Christ.  After 3 years, he gave me a choice between him and Jesus, and I chose Jesus of course.  My husband left me 3 days later.  We are now divorced, and I still pray for his salvation.  I am married to Jesus now, and could not be happier about it!

4. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I'm not married yet, but through my fiance and seeing other SUCCESSFUL Christian relationships at work, I'd say their faith definitely impacts their marriage, not the other way around.

Faith is not the by-product or the end result of a successful relationship; marriage is not supposed to impact your faith. Faith serves as the unifier--a reminder in marriage about God's statutes and how He wants your marriage to work.

Particularly, if a person is married to a non-believer, faith can influence their spouse and help bring them to God. And faith also serves as a powerfule example to children of what a godly family looks like.