jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What was your most meaningful moment of spiritual enlightenment?

1. Marsei profile image88
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

What was your most meaningful moment of spiritual enlightenment?

We all have moments where we see things of a spiritual nature more clearly.  I'm interested in the one or ones that were most influential in your life.

2. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

My most meaningful moment of spiritual enlightment occured when I slipped into a comatose state for a month in 2003. I passed and was not only close to God; but more importantly I was finally hearing His message and beginning to understand much more... 
    When I eventually recovered and was rehabilitated, it was perfectly clear to me that He was beside me throughout every moment of my life. To say the least, I was ashamed not only for the things I had done but for the things that I did not do. I truly felt like I was a significant let-down/disappointment for Him.
    However, there is a silver-lining, I was given more time; therefore, I now know how to live and although I am sure I am disappointing to Him on occasion, I am doing much better for Him and I understand what an amazing gift we have been given; please don't waste it...

Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing this meaningful experience and your awakening.  I agree, we have been given a wonderful gift.  Thank you so much for this, very touching.

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 5 years ago

The realization that most of this life was only my own thoughts passing through my mind. Once I removed all concepts, I found a state of total freedom. This means that everybody lives in an illusory world that they are creating with thoughts. Without those particular thoughts, that world does not exist! It is only in their minds.

Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that we do create our worlds with out thoughts and feelings.  Took me years to really "know" it, though.

working