jump to last post 1-25 of 25 discussions (27 posts)

At this moment, what is one thing of which you are certain?

1. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

At this moment, what is one thing of which you are certain?

No question about it. You know this is so.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6984476_f260.jpg

2. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

Yup. dead. The only certain thing. Contemplate death and many things become obvious :-))

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

The one thing I'm certain about at this moment is that no way can I answer this question with any certainty.
    Your question has raised doubts in my mind about the certainty of things - because how can we ever know we're certain about any thing? I realise I've just contradicted myself but that's fine. I'm happy to be certain about my uncertainty!

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I am certain of my direction in life to understand the way of enlightenment.

Other than that, it is my family I am to care for until my death.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The one thing I am sure of is I will spend eternity in Heaven when I do leave this earth. That is the only certainty in my life.

6. bac2basics profile image90
    bac2basicsposted 5 years ago

One day I will shuffle off this mortal coil !!

7. Sally's Trove profile image83
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

The one thing of which I am certain is that change will happen.

8. d.william profile image73
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

There are a few things that we can definitely be certain of:  We will all die at some time or another.   We must pay our taxes.  And the color of our skins we are born into will never change.

9. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Nothing..if you mean events..only love lasts forever...that is why it is the hardest lesson to learn of them all......

10. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

I know with all certainty that relatives will always visit on days when I've missed washing the morning dishes.

11. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

We are the products of a Creator and did not just spontaneously explode into living forms as some would have it. We may indeed have evolved over a specific time, but in a predetermined set period and to become what we now are, gifted and intellectual human kind, with great hopes into furthering our civilization. Those who are not certain and have doubts about what is real and imagined, have my deepest pity. As surely as the sun shines and we stand firmly up[on this rock of a planet, we exist because a powerful and creative entity wants us to so do. This entity is who we refer to, as God. He is, and always shall be, whether earthly kind survive or come to a final demise. What greater gifts than to give man kind life and a brain that has the ability to doubt its greatest benefactor, God, Himself?

12. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

That time never stands still!  No stopping that movement, no pausing it...just keeps rolling and rolling...

13. Matthew Weese profile image70
    Matthew Weeseposted 5 years ago

The more I learn, the less I know. I am certain of that.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here, Here!!! Agree!

14. zsobig profile image83
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

That I made a good decision when I said 'Yes' to my husband's proposal 2 years ago smile.

15. g-girl11 profile image77
    g-girl11posted 5 years ago

I am certain that I am in control of my own happiness.
    I am also certain that this is a fantastic question!

16. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

Like some of the others have said on here, I know that death is for certain.

17. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

I try to learn more to the betterment of my knowledge as I believed that knowledge is virtue and ignorance is vice.

18. Cameron Conner profile image60
    Cameron Connerposted 5 years ago

In this life I have learned that there are very few things that anyone can really call certain. However, I would have to either pick God, death or taxes. All three seem like a good bet to me.

19. OrangeBlobOValor profile image57
    OrangeBlobOValorposted 5 years ago

I'm certain that I will never be certain... sad

20. shruti sheshadri profile image59
    shruti sheshadriposted 5 years ago

Everything has a purpose, even this, it is upto us to find it!

21. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I am certain of my determination to be the best I can be thrive in my environment with the resources I have. I am certain of my drive to create, innovate, and build, and I am certain I will make a positive impact on the world.

22. garage-remotes profile image42
    garage-remotesposted 5 years ago

At this moment, I am certain that we already possess what it is that we are seeking.

23. joespivey profile image75
    joespiveyposted 5 years ago

I am truly certain of nothing, but I am more certain of my existence than anything else.

24. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

All things will come to and end in the material world, it is best to accept this fact.

25. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

I am certain of my salvation in Jesus Christ our Savior.  I have no doubt that once I leave this planet, I will be absent the body present with Jesus.  Praise Him!

1. Matthew Weese profile image70
      Matthew Weeseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Old world ideology's. certainty is in the molecules, minerals, atoms, electricity, ext. How is it the native Americans and tribal society's around the world knew nothing about Jesus Christ, yet lived healthy disease free life's.

working