Athiests! Christians!! Look At This... about PAGANS!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (89 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I was doing some research on Christmas and found this!  I might have a sick sense of humour.. but found this utterly funny!

This will generate some response... Take a look! 

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pagan

I particularly found this funny...

'Followers of Paganism are often called Druids, Wiccans, Witches, Evil Satan Worshipers and Smelly Hippies (Must Die). The amount of different pagan branches and subdivisions are as abundant as christian churches, with typical pagans viewing themselves as members of a dis... ur.. I mean, unorganized faith. They may refer to themselves as Pagans, Heretics or just plain Communists, but it should be noted that the Nazis, Catholics and Atheists were also Pagans.'

This article is really a must view! hehehe

2. cmany profile image60
    cmanyposted 14 years ago

I dont know if I find this funny at all - right now I am rather shocked - as this certainly is NOT a definition of Paganism...

And whomever wrote obviously does not know their history, as Christianity and such were actually taken from the Pagans...and many traditional celebrations that we continue today originated with the Pagans...

The humor I can find in it - it the person's shear stupidity...

Eeeeeesh!

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is obviously a joke!

3. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Well that's what unclycopedia is. It's a parody of wikipedia, and contains lots of stuff they call "humour".

Some of the people on there have an agenda, seeing as they don't like wikipedia's efforts in moderating the pages and blocking access because of vandalism and such.

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

That person who wrote it must obviously be an authority on, um.....uh, what were we talking about? I found that article to be hilarious! lol

1. profile image0

You and I have similar sense of humour.. lol.. it had me cracking up! 

You know, life is too short - we all need to lighten up and have a bit of fun.. even if it means laughing at ourselves!

x

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

"Keep in mind that atheists hate paganism more than any other religion."<--This made me laugh.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0

absolutely!  It really needs to be taken as tongue in cheek.  Totally incorrect but... hey ho!  Life is living!

1. profile image0

Please translate that made no sense.

1. profile image0
          lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is OT but lyrics I know you have some really good hubs on the subject of Wicca. How well do you find they perform in the general scheme of things here at HP?

1. profile image0

my highest scoring hubs - within the top 10 continually

1. profile image0
              bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lyrics, are you the Wicca Witch of the West?

1. profile image0

I'm pissed as hell

1. profile image0

What can I do to help you?

2. profile image0

Interesting, I think what you did with those hubs is great. I would like to see more on the topic. Do you have any lined up?

1. profile image0

yes 4 and thank you for saying that - at least you have an open mind and don't make fun of people.  Everybody's a comedian just this one crossed the line. big_smile

1. profile image0
                  Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shoot I am way behind in reading your hubs on that topic. Shoot! I need to get my arse in gear don't I? big_smile

2. profile image0

I really hope that you know that I was just trying to lighten up the mood and meant nothing insulting towards you in any way.  You are one of my favorites people on here and would never try to hurt you.

1. profile image0
  6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

The information you provided is incorrect and certainly not funny.  What's the joke or do you know?  You must be entertained by something.

7. profile image0

It's like reading an issue of the Onion. Completely nonsensical, but amusing nonetheless. wink

1. profile image0

Hi Babe big_smile

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey! How goes it? smile

1. profile image0

This is a joke , just haven't heard it yet lol

2. profile image0

Would make a great 'young Ones' script!

1. profile image0

OMG! (oops, wait, that wouldn't apply here, would it?) lol

1. profile image0

Carry on, we won't nail you to the cross for that

1. profile image0

Good thing, I'm worried about infection and some such......big_smile

1. profile image0

We will use a sheeeeeep dip!

8. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I want to be a pagen!  Is there a class at the local community college I can take?

1. profile image0

We could do a hub..  'Pagans... Scapegoats of World Wide Society!'.  Just to think the list of people in this is... almost EVERYONE are pagans! LOL.. Except.. Christians, if you dont count Catholics.  Can you count Catholics? lmfao!

1. profile image0

I have 5 hubs on pagans are you making fun of my work?  You are incredible and unlike anyone I've seen before - what did you want to gain from this thread anyways?  Go away

1. profile image0

I live in the land of pagans and even I can see the funny side!  It is satar x

1. profile image0

your a liar and exaggerate and your offensive and have pissed me right off which is very rare for me.  My intuition is good and I smell a fool.

1. profile image0

Relax...  So will it be fish or chicken?

2. profile image0

o.k.

1. profile image0

Well, if it's any consolation, I got the gist of this thread. Please, no super-duper long answers like that again, please? lol

2. profile image0

Do I get to wear those cool leggings like in the movie Dragnet?

1. profile image0

If that helps ... no other clothes tho x

9. profile image0

You continually speak of things you know only slightly about.  Is it the attention you are lacking or the faith you so preach about?  Be honest at least.  That I can respect.  But hee hee hee isn't quite an explanation for whatever it is you find funny.

10. profile image0

I find your humorous thread refreshing ,Shaz. Thanks! lol

11. profile image0

Still pondering?  Why no response funny girl?

12. profile image0

still giggling?

13. profile image0

still waiting hee hee hee yikes

14. profile image0

Bring it or no?

15. profile image0

LOL, Lyrics its open alright and for the most part if you took the article to heart the belief that harm none is not present at all in that article. It is articles like that, that cause things of this nature to be misconstrued and people not understanding what it truly means.

I can see the underlying humor in a sense but then I also see where Believers, Non-believers etc get all mixed up because of things that are taken to the extreme with both sides.

I await the next installment of your articles as I am on a path of learning.

1. profile image0

big_smile xo

16. profile image0

Okay. So we're all happy again? big_smile

1. profile image0

Not til I eat.

1. profile image0

I just had a lovely corn chowder, I am sated for the time being. smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Presently eating a roast-beef sandwich and chips. Plus, drinking soda.

Not sated yet? lol

1. profile image0

I eat, like, a Gazillion times a day big_smile

2. profile image0

lol

3. profile image0

I cooked up a lovely veggie chilli.. ummm... with garlic bread x

17. profile image0

shaz, still pondering?

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YGM

2. profile image0

Sorry, was I supposed to be pondering something.  I was dropping my boy off to his friend's house.  Back now.

18. profile image0

Just as I figured - great thread - very stimulating lol

19. profile image0

Knowledge is a gift not a joke, but maybe it is in your case given your lack of it

1. profile image0

well, no one can know everything smile

20. profile image0

Okay, I'm getting the Timeout chair again.

1. profile image0

*go to the naughty chair Denno..* btw, what you done wrong hon? x

1. profile image0

The atmosphere was a little tense there a while ago, I brought it in for Lyric. big_smile

21. profile image0

Y'all are making me hungry!

1. profile image0

The power of suggestion. big_smile

22. profile image0

later thanks again - what does it mean when multiple questions are asked in one's thread and they won't respond to any? Could mean you think I'm out of line and can't be bothered to waste your time responding, could be you know i'm right and am embarrassed or could be you went to get something to eat and are unaware how pissed I am.  Regardless, may your humor continue to entertain many as I see it has here and content be continually stimulating.  Have a great Day

1. profile image0

While I think Shaz was trying to post a funny, it backfired on her. Why did it backfire? It backfired because the title suggests confrontation and then the original post on the topic went on to further suggest confrontation. I don't think that was her intent here, but that is the end result.

Quite possibly this is what happens with a lot of threads that get started this way. I'm really not sure but the end result is always the same. There is never an honest conversation on any good topic. And, yes I am interested in this topic so I consider it good.

This could have turned into a really awesome discussion on why when Paganism did come before Christianity does it still hold the connatations of Satanism when there have been many to come along who speak the true essense of Pagans and Wicca.

1. profile image0

No, this was supposed to be humorous.  I live in an area where we are all hippies.  I go to a lot of festivals - it is very 'nature child' here in Glastonbury.  But found the pagan definition funny.  So did many of the pagans that live near me! 

I guess not all witches have a sense of humour.

Love, peace and harmony x

1. profile image0

She left a while ago....

1. profile image0

I don't get what happened?  It was a bit of fun for all.  The article was really saying... everyone's a pagan, it was satre.  Perhaps US sense of humour differs to UK. 

I just want people to be happy happy happy!  Its all about love denno! x

1. profile image0

I know, and I get it. But, for some reason, she just took great offense to it. That surprised me, too.

1. profile image0

Its ok.  She doesn't know me.  I forgive.  Anyway, she is bi polar, so sometimes emotions can get the better.  She must have had a bad day and it is probably better to take it out on an a.n.other on the internet than someone in reality. 

She might not realise, but we have a lot in common.  One day she might come round.  What will be will be smile x

1. profile image0

Well, you do have a very upbeat attitude. Glad to have stopped in here; I found this to be a very pleasant diversion from the otherwise semi-serious forums. The religious ones being the most contentious. Oi. big_smile

1. profile image0

Make love, not war! x

2. tantrum profile image59
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so you're from Glastonbury !
          I had a great time there once ! smile

2. profile image0

I actually explained why this happened. It has nothing to do with US humor vs UK humor and Lyrics is in Canada not US.

I do get the humor that you found in it but for someone who is a Pagan or practitioner of Wicca these types of articles can do a lot of harm even when they are only meant to be funny or satire. The fact that you started the thread with an open invitation to Atheist and Christians made for a combative format from the start. It's all in the wording I'm afraid.

1. profile image0

Oh well, as a pagan myself (sssh.. don't tell anyone), I am happy to laugh!  Each to their own, eh babes. 

It might be best to let this subject drop.  The first law is... first do no harm.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Glastonbury-Our … asant-Land

x

23. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

why do threads always turn to food? lmao

1. profile image0

I have a one-track mind. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lmoa FOOD! hahaha yea I just ate too so I'm good for now lol

24. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, I guess this thread is dead.

I'm outta here on to others. lol

1. profile image0

See you on another thread. One where we could, perhaps, agree to disagree? lol

25. profile image0

Bump.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)