jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)

Does God serve you?

1. sooner than later profile image57
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

We should not make God out to be what we want in Him. I understand that there are things about God that we do not understand, but who are we? I feel these generations want to make God fit their preference.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

the question will be, is there only one GOD? Muslim god, christian etc, jewish,

We cant make a religion or set of beliefs of our own, thus creating our own religion?

sooner than laterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

All three serve the same God.
        Muslim 1/3
        Jew    2/3
        Christian 3/3

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

What god? I don't see any god, just a lot of misinterpretations of a discredited book.

elaborate please.

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The whole "god" thing is fear based and from one highly suspect source.
        All through the bible are the footsteps of those psychotics who wrote it.
        The psychological need for some super power is the means of removing personal guilt for religionists.
        Not one scrap of evidence exists for the god myth, and it's only "proof" is from it's own myth book, which was written by a toxic group of haters, fear ridden and controlling.

I thought that you would come with some sustinance.

1. earnestshub profile image88
            earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You want something to eat???

is food for thought uncommon? Give me something to chew on, 'if you will'.

2. fatfist profile image78
          fatfistposted 7 years agoin reply to this

(Not one scrap of evidence exists for the god myth)

Well, each religion has its "own" evidence via scriptures, bible, etc. But remember, evidence is not proof. Lies in court are evidence, but not proof.

(it's only "proof" is from it's own myth book)

This is the issue that is often debated. There is no "proof" because truth results from proof. If there was proof, there would be no debate, no religions, and no faith. There would just be a reality with people and god.

The myth arises from the fact that the only evidence is in the story or scriptures themselves. Circular, dependent on itself for validation.

3. Jerami profile image74
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

prettydarkhorse said   
       the question will be, is there only one GOD? Muslim god, christian etc, jewish,

We cant make a religion or set of beliefs of our own, thus creating our own religion?

Jerami said
      Who knows?   Maybe???

One God for Christians
      One God for Muslims 
      One for Jewish, Hindu etc   ...  equals one God

I have two sons. ...One was good at studying hard and less interested in manual labor.
       The other was more interested in manual labor and less intrested in studying.

I had diffrent covenants with each of them..??
      Who is to say that God only had one covenant with one nationality ???

Interesting idea.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A much more interesting idea- What makes you think god exists since you know man made and created religion?

And, more on topic- Does God serve you? NO! As far as I am concerned, he doesn't exist. I am GOD in my life. I make my own conscious decisions from honest thought and honest actions.

If you have a "GOD" that serves you, isn't it nice to be you. lol

If you have a "GOD" that doesn't serve you, but you pray to, all I have to say that is good luck with that.

Cags, I know what you believe. you have 5023 similar posts telling us what you believe. Kinda hoping you can troll somewhere else. no offence.

1. Cagsil profile image60

You still don't get it. You respond like a kind person, but you're insulting me at the same time, by telling me that you're hoping I TROLL somewhere else. And, then turn around and say, "No Offence"- like I'm suppose to not see your insult and go on my merry way.

Damn, you really are pathetic.

4. Jerami profile image74
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

I really do not think that the God that I serve expects very much from me.
       He gave me a pair of glasses that he wants for me to wear.
    These are so I can see the world a "tiny bit" through his eyes.
       He does not want for me to focus entirely upon him. He wants  me to see this magnificent creation that he has set before me. However he does want to stay in my peripheral vision. He does not want to be forgotten.

5. sooner than later profile image57

Old T. has some particularly hard information for people to swallow. Death is the big one for most.

6. sooner than later profile image57

Cags, I do not mean to insult you. It is just that you dominate all converstation with the same personal message. And by dominate I mean- 100 posts per topic. It also seems that you want to persuade those into leaving God. Something that is not going to happen.

1. profile image58
      (Q)posted 7 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary, I've been part of several forums in which believers started to post their beliefs and opinions about their gods and eventually gave up their religions based on the discussions with atheists. Indeed, it does happen.

2. Cagsil profile image60

By the way, my intention is not to engage people to leave 'god', as you say, but to understand that there is no god for them to follow.

I mean, really. Come on. Your faith may be all well and good, but there are those who are still seeking answers to questions that they have, but not found in religion, because they themselves are not sure if religious view is actually the best view for them.

This comes from deep in the recesses of their mind, and forces them to seek answers that are truth about life and not subjective conjecture, as in the bible or religious text.

The simple FACT - the bible is a contradiction and oppresses life of people, shown as an example of society's overall health.

You want to believe in a 'god' that's non-existent- then do so. But, don't over-step your authority of being human and don't think you have the ability to argue about your position. You fight from an unenlightened position, which is and can only be defensive, at best.

FACT: God does not reside, exist or live, in reality.

What says so- Science says so, when defining reality.

working