jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

The fear of God...to many wealthy and elite, it means what?

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

The fear of God...to many wealthy and elite, it means what?

Why is it that the most wealthy and powerful people in the world do not seem to fear God. I feel that one day soon we will all be judged by our deeds and this includes everyone.We will then meet God and be given our just rewards.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7485887_f260.jpg

2. Disappearinghead profile image78
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

As far as they are concerned they have no need of God as their wealth meets all their needs. People like to piously say things like wealth can't buy happiness, but it can.

Nice picture by the way.

3. Michael Jon profile image60
    Michael Jonposted 5 years ago

Fear of God meaning a feeling of profound respect for someone or something? Or, an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight)?

If a wealthy person doesn't revere the Lord God, it can be because they feel no need to give their respect to Him, or just don't believe the there is a God. They are successful, financially free and have others to do their bidding. Some have good morals and others have gained their wealth through craftiness and trickery.

Those that don't fear in terms of being scared of something and don't anticipate failure may be wealthy and powerful, because they don't have the spirit of fear. 

There is nothing wrong with having wealth and power but it does make a difference on which kingdom is served, weather it be the kingdom of Christ or Babylon's kingdom. One is perishing and the other is blessed.

4. Paul K Francis profile image80
    Paul K Francisposted 5 years ago

I try to remain focused on my own relationship with God. When I begin to judge, seeing the specks in the eyes of others, I loose sight of this relationship, sometimes to the extent that I may trip and fall. So I get up, brush myself off and see that I really do not know what lies in the hearts of others. Have a nice day.

working