1. The Angels were created from light and the Jinn were created from smokeless fire. This is a unique difference in creation, so it’s with all the more reason that they differ in actions.
2. The names of the Angels differ from the names of the Jinn in general and in detail. The names of the Angels are intended for messengers. They are Allah’s messengers.
3. The Angels were created to obey Allah. They don’t have the free will to disobey Him unlike the Jinn. Allah gave the Jinn the free will to obey or disobey Him like man. So whoever desires to believe in Allah will and whoever desires to disbelieve in Allah can.
4. The Angels don’t have desires. Therefore they don’t eat, drink, or marry. The jinn eat, drink and marry.
5. The Angels don’t disobey Allah for a single moment. The majority of the Jinn are Kuffar. In fact the number of Kuffar among the Jinn outnumber the Kuffar among humans. There are some people who circulate that Harut and Marut were Angels. This is false. They were both Jinn and the narrations that mention them as being Angels are from the Israelites. None of those narrations are authentic.
6. The Angels are much more stronger than the Jinn.There is no way to imagine the strength of one Angel compared to all the Jinn. Take for example the Angel of death. He’s one and has the ability to take any soul in an instance any where in the world.
7. The Angels are superior to the Jinn in shape, deeds, and condition.
8. The numbers of the Angels is enormous. It outnumbers the Jinn, man, and animals.
9. Allah created the Angels for the service to the Son of Adam. Most of the Jinn divert man from the correct path. And at the forefront of that is their father Ibless.
10. The Angels serve the Jinn and arrange their affairs.
11. The Angels see the Jinn all the time. The Jinn aren’t able to see the Angels unless they take a shape which allows their visibility. If the Jinn were able to see the Angels this would remove one aspect of faith in something unseen.
12. Allah created the Angels before the Jinn. The proof this is the Angels carry the Throne. The Throne was created before the heavens and earth and everything between them.
13. The Angels are from the unseen things to believe in for the Jinn. Allah made it an obligation for the Jinn to believe in the Angels.
14. The Angels have authority and power over the Jinn, by Allah’s permission. Therefore the Angels can see the Jinn, defeat them, take their souls.
Your knowledge really astounds me sometimes!
Thank you. Smokeless fire sounds like electricity, is there any chance that King Solomon understood electricity?
great answer JThomp...
Just to add a few things...
Every person has one Angel and one Jinn attached to them at all times.
Proof that the Jinn cannot see the angel of death...
Solomon was given command over a group of Jinn. When he was supervising the Jinn he was leaning on his staff ... Solomon's soul was taken by the angel of death yet the Jinn kept working. the Jinn only realized Solomon was dead when an insect ate a part of his staff then Solomon fell down. The Jinn had no idea of when Solomon's soul was taken.
Only Allah knows total the number of Angles. The Kaaba is the exact replica of a house of worship on the seventh heaven(Bait-ul-Mamur) where 70,000 angels circumambulate seven times and leave only to be replaced by another 70,000 angels. There are so many angels that an angel will not get a turn to circumambulate again until the Day of Judgement.
Satan (shay-tan) or Iblis is a Jinn whose throne is on water. However, he is not the father of the Jinn ... the father of the Jinn is understood to be "Jaan" like the father of humans is Adam.
My beliefs have always been that the djinn are similar to what the Irish call fairies. So the djinn are earthbound. Whereas, angels are of a heavenly non earthly realm.
by ngureco4 years ago
What Is the Difference between Evil Spirits and Demons?
by Elena7 years ago
What's the difference between Angels and Arch Angels?Do they have different duties?
by peteradepetun4 years ago
What is the difference between a Divinity and a Deity?
by charlie4 years ago
How can Satan be a Fallen Angel in light of these Scriptures?Because NO scripture can contradict another, please tell me how the church system can justify teaching that satan is a fallen angel .1 John 3:8 He...
by backporchstories20 months ago
What is the difference between faith and fate?
by Elena6 years ago
What’s the difference between Tarot Cards and Angel Cards?Do readings come from the same sources?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.