jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

The written word of God says, "Judgement will begin in the house of God".

1. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

The written word of God says, "Judgement will begin in the house of God".

Why do you think God will start there?

2. ikepius profile image75
    ikepiusposted 5 years ago

I think thats because religion houses the most corrupt people on the planet!

3. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

For all those who think that the 'world' is so evil: I have worked in churches and in the secular world...the devil is more diluted in the secular world. In church, he's often sitting in the pew right next to you, or up in the pulpit.

4. d.william profile image61
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

There are two interpretations of that statement.  1. Judgement will begin by first "judging" those in charge of the houses of worship.  2.  Judgement will begin by those in charge of the houses of worship judging others.
    Either way is fallacious.  These "words of God" as written by man are designed to cause fear and guilt, and are designed solely for the purpose of control over the masses. 
    I find it quite disturbing that rational and supposedly sane people are so enthralled with their indoctrination process as children that they truly believe these 'holy scriptures' to be valid at all, especially when there is no concrete evidence that they are based on any type of reality at all.

working