jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How can those with a high sex drive consistently practice celibacy with minimal

1. Eric Bendross profile image71
    Eric Bendrossposted 5 years ago

How can those with a high sex drive consistently practice celibacy with minimal distress?

Are there natural and healthy ways to temporarily suppress one’s libido? ...waiting for marriage being the object.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7588354_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I don't think there is a natural or healthy way to suppress it. What if the future wife doesn't enjoy sex very much? What then?

Eric Bendrossposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh my...! The latter portion of your answer is quite intriguing, Old Empresario. Thank you very much for this superb contribution.

2. profile image48
      MonicaLettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Old Empresario that's the same exact question I was asking myself. What if the wife doesn't enjoy sex as much as her spouse or vice versa. I say you need to have someone that enjoys sex as much as you do.

3. profile image0
      Old Empresarioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let me just ask this question and you take from it what you like: Would you ever buy a car without test driving it first?

3. profile image48
    MonicaLettposted 5 years ago

By walking in the Spirit and not fulfilling the lust of the flesh. Dying to the world, to self, to flesh, dying daily. God gives us an escape; whatever we are tempted by we will be able to get out of it. If we keep our minds stayed on HIM (JESUS) HE will keep our minds in perfect peace. There is NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE to those that BELIEVE. >>>>>If one has a high libido he or she should stay away from things that will induce sexual desires. For example music that's filled with sexual lyrical content. Highly sexual t.v., movies, videos, magazines, etc., etc. God Bless. Shalom.

Eric Bendrossposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful, Monica. Love it! Thanks for sharing this here.

working