jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about numerology?

1. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about numerology?

2. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I have to admit to being a bit skeptical. The answers it provides are a little too generic for me, but still they are intersting to find out about. The answers could be applied in so many ways.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

Depending on the numbering system you use, you can make words "equal" almost any number. Also, the supposed traits that go with each number vary from source to source.  This makes it even more of a pseudoscience than astrology because there's not even a stardardized methodology to it.

Take your name "Andrew Savage" for example.  If I just count the letters in your name, I get 12, and 1+2 = 3, so I could say your name number is 3.  Or I could assign values to each letter, such as A=1, B=2, etc.  Then I would get another number.  But if you call yourself "Andy" or "Drew" then the number changes again.  Which is the "correct" number?

(Maybe you're supposed to take the average of all the numbers, lol)

4. edhan profile image62
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Numerology is an interesting way of prediction. It can be quite accurate depending on your own interpretation. But I am more towards Feng Shui that can also be a better way of seeing the future.

working