The Guardian Angels: Something To Be Thankful For

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

The Guardian Angels

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him. If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. (Ex 23:20-22)

See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father. (Mt.18:10)

It is the conviction of the Church that every human being is assigned an angel of God to be his guardian, an angel who has as his task to "lead (us) to the place that (God) has prepared," heaven. Not everyone listens attentively to their guardian angel, however, as he seeks to enlighten them through the voice of conscience to avoid sin, or gives them good inspirations to the love and service of God and neighbor. Certainly Padre Pio was one who did, from the earliest years of life, so that God granted him the vision not only of his own guardian angel but those of others. Many times it was through the  guardian angel of a person that their need was brought to Padre Pio's attention, who then prayed for that person.

One might ask, why would the angel bring the need to Padre Pio, rather than directly to God? First, people often sent their angel to Padre Pio to ask for prayer. The angels, for their part, like true friends were happy to perform this little service for their proteges, especially the ones who habitually listened to their guidance. Since the angel can do nothing contrary to the will of God, God Himself must have desired it, as well. As with the other forms of intercession and mediation acknowledged by the Church, God has ordained that the true magnificence of His own glory be shown through His working through creatures (angelic and human). As St. Paul noted, God chooses the weak to show up the strong (1 Cor. 1:27).

Padre Pio was especially careful for the well-being, spiritual and material, of those whom he had accepted as his spiritual son or daughter. He would look after them from a distance, with the help of their guardian angel. The following story is related in Send Me Your Guardian Angel, a book on Padre Pio's relations with the angels by Fr. Alessio Parente, OFM Cap.. Fr, Alessio had the privilege of taking care of Padre Pio in the later years of his life.

Once a person was accepted as Padre Pio's spiritual child, he would never abandon them, no matter what danger they were in. Even if he did not visit them personally, they would receive his help through his Guardian Angel.

Cecil Humphrey-Smith, a well known gentleman from England, is Padre Pio's spiritual child. Whilst in Italy, during the time Padre Pio was alive, Cecil had a car crash and was very seriously injured. A friend of his, seeing him in such a bad condition afterwards, went to the Post Office and sent a telegram to Padre Pio requesting his prayers for the injured Cecil. When he presented the telegram at the desk, the man gave him back a telegram from Padre Pio assuring his prayers for Cecil Humphrey-Smith's recovery.

It was some months before Cecil was in good enough shape to travel again, but immediately he had recovered he made tracks for San Giovanni Rotondo. On this occasion, both Cecil and his friend met Padre Pio and they thanked him for his prayers. At the same time, they were curious to know how he came to know about the accident and how a telegram had arrived in such a short space of time. In response to their demand, Padre Pio, in his humoristic way said: "Do you think the Angels go as slowly as the planes?"

God had given him the light to see his spiritual child in danger of death and, as usual, he sent his Guardian Angel to assure his prayers and protection.

Here at Our Lady of Grace Friary, we produce a magazine called "The Voice of Padre Pio", in which we publish information on the work going on at the shrine. This magazine is a mine of information on the life of Padre Pio and arrives six times a year in the homes of devotees throughout the world. The arrival of this magazine usually serves to brighten the day of those who receive it, but in some cases it has a very special significance... I receive a lot of English mail from all parts of the world and often people tell me how glad they are to receive it. On a number of occasions I was told of cases where a subscriber was feeling very depressed due to family problems or difficulties of some sort. Knowing that Padre Pio had always told them to send him their Guardian Angel, the ever-ready Angel was sent, and within a short time they found "The Voice" in their letter box! Nothing would convince these devotees that it was not their Guardian Angel who delivered it in time of need, acting on Padre Pio's instructions. The Bible tells us that the Angels act as messengers "sent out", and Padre Pio told us that they go faster than the planes so there is no need to doubt it.

On several occasions Padre Pio expounded further on the role of the angel in his ministry and in our lives, in this case to his spiritual daughter Raffaelina Cerase.

You tell me that in the midst of the sufferings that oppress you, you often turn to me in your thoughts and you call me. Well, your good Guardian Angel sometimes transmits these necessities of yours and then I, in my unworthiness, always do my duty with Jesus, recommending you to his Fatherly goodness. (Letters vol. II, no. 30)

Offer to the glory of His Divine Majesty the rest you are about to take, (she was struck down with cancer of the breast at this time) and never forget the Guardian Angel who is always with you, never leaving you for whatever wrong you might do. Oh, the ineffable goodness of this our good Guardian Angel! How many times, alas!, I have made him cry for not having wanted to comply with his wishes, which were also God's. May this our most faithful friend free us from further disloyalty. (Letters vol. II, no. 41)

Oh Raffaelina, what a consolation it is to know one is always in the care of a celestial spirit, who does not abandon us (how admirable) even when we disgust God! How sweet is this great truth for the believer! Who, then, does the devout soul fear who tries to love Jesus, having always close by such a great warrior? Oh, was he not one of the many who, together with the Angel Saint Michael, up there in the Empyrean, defended the honour of God against Satan and against all the other rebellious spirits, and finally reduced them to perdition and bound them in hell?

Well, know that he is still powerful against Satan and his satellites; his charity has not diminished, nor will he ever fail in defending us. Develop the beautiful habit of always thinking of him; that near us is a celestial spirit, who, from the cradle to the tomb, does not leave us for an instant, guides us, protects us as a friend, a brother; will always be a consolation to us especially in our saddest moments.

Know, oh Raffaelina, that this good Angel prays for you; offers to God all the good works you accomplish; your holy and pure desires. In the hours when you seem to be alone and abandoned, do not complain of not having a friendly soul to whom you can unburden yourself and in whom you can confide your sorrows. For pity's sake, do not forget this invisible companion, always present to listen to you; always ready to console you.

Oh delicious intimacy, oh blessed company! Oh if all men could understand this great gift that God, in His excess of love for man, assigned to us; this celestial spirit. Often remember his presence; you must fix on him the eyes of your soul; thank him; pray to him; he is so refined, so sensitive. Respect him; be in constant fear of offending the purity of his gaze.

Invoke often this Guardian Angel, this benevolent Angel and repeat the beautiful prayer: 'Oh Angel of God' (etc.) ... What will be, oh my dear Raffaelina, the consolation when, at the moment of death, your soul will see this Angel, so good, who accompanied you through life and was so liberal in maternal care. Oh may this sweet thought make you grow always more fond of the Cross of Jesus, this being also what your good Angel wants. May the desire to see this inseparable companion arouse in you that charity which incites you to leave this body quickly.

Oh what a holy and salutary thought it is to want to see this our good Angel. it is this thought which should make us want to leave this dark prison in which we are bound. Oh, Raffaelina, where do my thoughts fly to now...? Treat this dear little Angel, I do not say as a friend, but as one of the family. And, to tell you the truth, this little Angel does not seem to be the least little bit offended by my treatment of him. How dear and how good he is. (Letters vol. II, no. 64)

Source

1. itakins profile image71
      itakinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant-one of my favourite books ever.

2. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Where are my car keys?

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
      Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I ate them.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ooo Sanctus you might want to take some tums after eating car keys lol

But they tasted sooo good!

1. profile image0

lol they may have tasted good but you're gonna feel it after a while. lol

How many tums do I need to eat?  sad

1. profile image0

Hmmm for car keys I would say...half the bottle will do. lol

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you like the chocolate coating? Everything I own is chocolate coated, even my car keys. Will take a break, need more chocolate! smile

Wow, that is so awesome!  That must mean that your car is chocolate coated as well!

Hey Crazdwriter, how many tums would I need for that?

2. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pick up your phone and call Information,thats what i do.I called and asked the lady where my socks were,She said"behind the couch"...

1. earnestshub profile image82

lol lol Some things can be assumed. smile

3. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ask your angel and listen with your heart x

3. profile image54
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

Tsunami, quarter million dead, where were their guardian angels?

Coffee break?

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Well Chocolate coated is a whole different matter. I would say the whole bottle and your good, Sanctus. lol

For a whole car?  Awesome!

5. earnestshub profile image82

It's a small car, and the bottle of medicine took two guys to carry it. smile

Oh hell.

Yes, hell is not a bad definition. smile smile

6. earnestshub profile image82

The guardian angel is an interesting angle. We all feel lucky sometimes, so I guess it had to fit in to a god somewhere (sigh)

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't believe in guardian angels.

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I think it's a HubPages record!

So FAR off topic...in just 16 posts. lol lol lol

As for the topic, given to us by Make Money- and his extremely long Forum post -HUB(psst. it's too long for forum, don't you think, just a thought)

The Guardian Angels: Something to be thankful for?

This is so not funny, that is it actually funny. Guardian angels? I guess I should have seen this coming, it has something to do with that so-called, mystical god, who is supposedly watching over Humanity, like we are his children, who are corraled into a barn.

Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously. lol lol lol

I blame the cookie monster myself! lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

At least he is a character portrayed by someone. GOD isn't portrayed by anyone. Why? Because, the actors continue to die from some mysterious reason and no one want to play the  part anymore. lol lol

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ooooooooooooooo caggie, I love it when you get all masterful! lol x

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I believe in guardian angels...have felt them in my life as well as had them help me.

10. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i guess Adam Walsh and BabyP's guardian angels were on vacation... sad

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

guardian angels take a lot of time vacationing. Just look around ,all the misery !
      All the people in distress.
      All the wounded, and the dead.

Or maybe people with problems are all atheists. So they're not entitled to guardian angels.
      I think that must be it!

Yes ! that must be the correct answer.

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi tantrum...

Like I've said before, and will keep on saying until people understand;

Every word we speak is either a request to God, or Satan - think on that the next time you attack or slander God, who are YOU speaking to, and WHO is controlling YOUR life at that moment?

Don't be dumb and say you are.....

Whenever we speak or act we give authority over our life to one or the other:

God or Satan.

It obviously varies form moment to moment, because we are human and no matter how much we attempt to ONLY say and do things that are honourable,merciful, just and truthful (which places us under Gods protection) we still make mistakes and say and do things that are dishonourable, merciless, unjust and dishonest(which places us under Satan's dominion)

In Baby P's case the envioronment he was born into was obviously under Satans control, the whole lifestyle (if you can call it that) of the mother, boyfriend and lodger was perverse and corrupted. The child had little chance, he was living with demons.

With Adam Walsh, he was effectively tethered like a lamb and left, if only for seven minutes, like a lamb to slaughter.

Bible tells us that the devil roams around like a roaring lion seeking to devour whom he may.

I wonder if the mother asked God to protect her child before she went off without him?

A quick look at Adams killers profile tells me that if I had to make a guess, I would say he belonged to Satan, rather than God:

Ottis Elwood Toole (serial killer, homosexual and cannibal)

Born in Jacksonville, Florida, he was abandoned by his father at age seven. Toole's mother was a religious fanatic, and Toole later claimed that she abused him and dressed him in girl's clothing.

As a young child, Toole suffered incest at the hands of many close relatives, including his mother and older sister.

His maternal grandmother was a satanist, who exposed him to various satanic practices and rituals in his youth, including self-mutilation and graverobbing, and dubbed him "Devil's Child"

Sometimes bad things can happen to nice people, but it's only when the forces of the enemy (Satan) are able to use their empowerment to do so.

If Baby P had been allocated a Christian social worker, which is unlikely, as the UK would never allow a Christian to work in social services, but anyway had a Christian been allowed to deal with his case, then the discernment and the Holy Spirit we are given by God would have cause the believer to pray for the situation, and probably have put the 'family' on several prayer chains, where intercessors world wide would have been covering the situation day and night with prayer. Maybe in that instance the authority that the 'family' and the 'authorities' abdicated to Satan would have been negated sufficiently to save the child.

But each one of us is responsible for everything bad that happens, in direct proportion to the degree we either intercede for God to express mercy and protection over the world....or for the amount we empower the dark forces that skulk around seeking to destroy those who they may by our careless word, actions and deeds, by our denial of Gods authority and by our secret hatreds we express with our scorn and flippant, often inane behaviour to each other.

2. aguasilver profile image70

You see tantrum, this is not a joke to me, it's deadly serious and yes, people's lives are at stake right now in this world by the careless and flippant behaviour of folk who think it's smart to pour scorn on God and attempt to discredit His word.

They have no idea that they work for Satan.

May God have mercy on their souls.

Well it's time I ask Satan for a rise on my wages ,then.

lol

It's a pitty I don't believe. I could be a millionaire by now ! big_smile

Oh don't worry, you'll get paid once you get back home!

Satan loves a willing worker, especially when they are self basting....

Oh, I'm so relieved now !
              thank you for the info !!
              big_smile
              lol lol

That's good to know, I hear Satan has a rotisserie especially put aside for you! - bet you can't wait!

rollrollrollroll (just so you feel at home!)

11. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I thought this forum was about the Guardian Angels.

The guys with the red hats, I mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels

smile

lol lol

Hey Jen,

How are you today?

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm good. Recovering from my epic Thanksgiving journey.
        How about you?

I really did think this post was about the citizen crime fighters. lol

I am doing well.

lol lol @ citizen crime fighters

They patrol wearing red hats. Kinda cool, right smile

Only if you say so. big_smile

no it's true.
                i put a wiki link for e1 to see LOL

I know...I was just giving in to you. big_smile

12. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately there seems little point in trying to discuss anything Christian on the forum, as this topic had already been hijacked by the resident atheists cabal and ridiculed off topic beyond belief.

It is a shame that atheists cannot simply live with their non belief, and allow other to live with their beliefs.

Anybody have a clue why a normally rational sane person suddenly becomes a five year old child when confronted by a subject that they propose not to believe in?

If you don't believe in something......ignore it and it may go away, if your disbelief is correct.

But then we are discussing spiritual forces, those of Gods and those of Satan's, so maybe it was their little demons doing the childish behaviour in an attempt to disrupt and bury the debate.... well sorry little demons, your childish behaviour has just given it a wider audience, if God desires that!

'cos I've just published the whole topic on a hub... just hit my profile and take a look, then those who want to be stupid little children can stay here and play with each other, and those who have any valid points can make comment.

1. Make  Money profile image65
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"self basting" lol

I really shouldn't laugh.  It is a very serious matter.  It's just the way you say it aguasilver.

Yeah John (aguasilver) maybe we should just give these forums over to the League of the Militant Godless.  It seems this Union of Belligerent Atheists are bound to destroy these Religion & Beliefs forums.  You are right, "They have no idea that they work for Satan."  Or maybe some of them do.  Maybe we should just write Hubs.  Or I have a forum we could discuss Christianity in without the harassment we get here, their posts would be deleted and I'd ban them as soon as I seen their posts.  Anyways I'm on my way over to check your new Hub.

Thanks
      Mike

13. earnestshub profile image82

I feel confident the whole world including god will be straight over there to read it! smile

That's nice Ernest,

....good morning from me... what time is it for you?

I hope you will join them!

....intelligent (and intelligible) comments are welcomed! smile

Oh and your car keys are in the hall on the table where you left them.... wink

...under the Jehovahs Witness brochure! sad

Good morning aquasilver, it is almost ten PM Monday evening here. You handled the satire manfully. smile

Thank you, probably see you later when you wake up.... wink

14. earnestshub profile image82

There are a lot of words here about a god and angels, but nothing much about reality. smile

15. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I must say, from where I'm sitting there are some so called 'Christians' here who aren't being very Christ like.

:\

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)