Guardian Angel, by Brenda

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 17 months ago

Please take some time to read this beautiful poem by Brenda.
    https://hubpages.com/literature/Poem-Guardian-Angel

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Chitrangada.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 17 months ago

Hello Brenda!
    I can relate to your thoughts. Many times, when we don’t know the way ahead, the Guardian Angel guides us on the right path. We may not see them but their presence can be felt.
    Thank you for sharing.

Chitrangada...
      I have always believed a guardian angel walks with me.
      It's hard to explain that feeling...but it is something one can sense.

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 17 months ago

I enjoyed reading this article about your Guardian Angel, Brenda. I believe we are guided forward through life.

Thank you for posting Brenda's article, Chitrangada.

Thanks Pamela...
      Guardian angels are here on earth.

They may not be seen, but one can sense their presence.

I'm grateful for the guidance they offer...but we always have free will.

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 17 months ago

They are all around us. Nice poem, Brenda.
    Thankyou for sharing, Chitrangada.

John...
      I'd like to thank they are All Around Us.

There used to be a television show called, "Angel's Among Us" where people would tell their stories about an angel who helped them...sometimes it was simply a human being in the right place at the right time.
      No doubt...his footsteps were guided there.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

John...
      I hope I hear my guardian angel today...
      For I lost a dear friend this morning.

5. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 17 months ago

Thank you for your poetry about Guardian Angel, Brenda. Sometimes we do feel lost in the path of life and then Guardian Angels can come to our rescue by communicating with our soul during our dreams at night or while we mediate or pray. Yes, we cannot see them but only feel their presence. I hope you are feeling better. Have a good day!

Thanks Rosina,
      The ones that come to us during our dreams seem to warn us about something in our future.
      When we meditate or pray we often have an idea in our minds, but guardian angels can stop you in your tracks.

Suddenly you have A feeling that you need to stop & listen.

6. profile image0
    Vladimir - Val Karasposted 17 months ago

As always, I am not telling anyone "what to believe and what not" - just sharing my own views, which have no ambition to be popular. So, I am submitting here that I don't believe in guardian angels. If they existed, they wouldn't be working only "part-time", warning us in one instance and then letting us go through some crappy experiences at other times. That would include matters with health and happiness -- as among all those that I have met in my long life, who believed in these entities, I hardly ever noticed anyone enjoying a robust health and a TRUE peace of mind.
    So, I can't go selective and say how in those few instances when my fully operational intuition saved me from a problem "it was due to my guardian angels' warnings.
    We could go around this, making up stories how "sometimes we are not in tune and not listening" -- but I would not buy that.
    The bottom line is -- to each their own, but since I could read about such angels existing, it's only fair that others also read about my not believing.
    I am a stoicist, believing in my total responsibility for my destiny.
    Nevertheless, I will honestly and wholeheartedly respect any fiction story about guardian angels, especially if they are only a metaphor for our higher self which works through our intuition, or our "gut feeling".
    And yes, I do like Brenda's poem.

Val....
      I love to read and challenge myself with the beliefs of others, your point is a valid one.

It is true that we often get that "gut feeling" and while I praise God for sending me an angel...you give this up to your own higher intuition.

I do believe we have such intuitions and often solve our own problems, but yet I am thankful for my God-given knowledge.

I do take care of myself & know that quite frankly I am on my own.

But I honestly don't think I'd made it this far in life without a little guidance from above.

Is it an angel? Who knows for sure...but that's what I like to call it.

It could be just a cosmic force in the atmosphere or even a spirit of a ghost.

I know you don't believe and that's what is great about this world.

We all have Free Choice.

Sadly, that same free choice is Oftentimes responsible for those crappy things we go through in life.

It's like we are given 2 roads to chose from and we use our own strong will to go down the path we want.
      We don't consider the outcome.

I can't say a guardian angel will ever keep me healthy & robust...but the angel will hold my hand as I walk through a difficult journey.

They can remove your fear & set your mind at ease. 

This happened to me before I had Gamma knife surgery on my brain.

I honestly don't know if I could have made it through if it weren't for this complete calmness that took over my body and mind.

In any case ..I'm talking too much.

I'm glad you like my poem and can accept it as a metaphor for our higher self.

Take care.

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 17 months ago

Brenda has created an interesting poem. It was also interesting to read the previous comments. There are many mysteries in reality. I can't say that I believe in guardian angels, but I try to keep an open mind about the mysteries.

Linda
      Thank you & I appreciate you having an open mind.

Mysterious things that happen in life always intrigue me. 

I do believe we each have our own guardian angel who keeps watch over us & is never far away.

But I am just me...a mere person.

I do not clsim to be an authority...it is just my thoughts.
      So, it is fine to have a different theory or idea.

The mystery of life brings us so many unanswered questions.

I love to let my mind drift as I try to figure out the answers.

8. profile image0

Linda dear -- I am freakishly into the "mysteries of everything" myself. That's why I call myself an "out-of-box thinker", always looking for an alternate possible truth. That's why I am so much into quantum realm, into role of consciousness in manifesting from the field of infinite potentiality; and the mystery of unused human potential in our dormant genes...etc. etc...
    But I simply can't put everything under that umbrella of "love for the mysterious". Yes, there are many things we don't understand out there and in ourselves as well, but we cannot say that every construct of our imagination has a place in it.
    So I don't believe in human-created deities, since we are not wired in our brain to fathom the unfathomable reality of the universal intelligence, so we are just conceptualizing about it -- even by creating more than hundred religions and probably as many gods and celestial interpretations.
    I hope you, as a scientist, understand where I am coming from.

1. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I do understand, Val. There are some ideas that sound too ridiculous to believe, though the decision about what is "ridiculous" depends on the individual. I meant that we should keep our mind open to the extent that we see fit. Quantum scientists are creating some very strange theories that may sound ridiculous to some people.

9. profile image0

Linda -- At least quantum theorists discovered that there IS actually a realm of physics different from the Newtonian physics, and they are trying to find some acceptable logic there. Quantum is NOT a ridiculous fantasy, but a fact -- regardless of how far it may look stretched beyond our ability to accept it.
    Yes, we need to keep our minds open, but not open so much that every sensibility spills out of it. Lack of any evidence can make something ridiculous, but in the quantum world of energy and subatomic particles so much is already established for true and repeatable through experiments -- which makes it scientific enough.
    On the other hand, no heavenly entities have given us any tangible evidence of their existence -- other than being a historically persistent item in our belief system. You know it, without my reminding you -- "believing" is not the same as "knowing".

I so enjoy you & Linda putting your ideas out there for others to understand.

Science has a rule of it's own..

As you say,
      "believing" is not the same as "knowing"

But to me...that's where faith plays a role.

I don't need to see, feel or touch the proof of it's existence...I simply Believe.

Yet...there are so many things we don't understand.   I personally would love to understand more about all the human cells we don't utilize...
      I think it would be awesome to unlock all of our capabilities.

Maybe my guardian angel will show me the right path to get there.

Take care...and keep those minds thinking.

10. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 17 months ago

You are so right, Brenda. We do have someone watching over us and ensuring we do not commit hara-kiri.Rational people call this angel a "gut feeling."Some even call it "conscience".But the fact remains that we have someone or something to protect us in times of need.Thanks for sharing this beautiful thought.

Thanks, Chitrangafa for sharing.

Thanks Ravi...
      I'm happy to hear that you know of this protection also.

I guess guardian angels...or this form of protection...exist in all corners of the world.

2. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Well said, Ravi.

Thanks John

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80

I like knowing we have someone or something to protect us.

Good thought.

11. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 17 months ago

Guardian angels surround us...we may not be able to physically see them...but we sense them.

Or...is it our consciousness reaching into another realm.  Still an angel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)