jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If "a God all mercy is a God unjust," would not a God all justice be a God unmer

1. SwordofManticorE profile image80
    SwordofManticorEposted 5 years ago

If "a God all mercy is a God unjust," would not a God all justice be a God unmerciful?

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

In logic no. But it is a cool thought. It helps bring to light the silly concept of putting human restriction on God. When will we ever learn.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image80
      SwordofManticorEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like to look at it as human comparisons to God.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

Yes. In a literal sense. Thank God that this is not so. Why, I would not make it even to tomorrow!

4. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

Well that depends on who you ask.  I found a site that has a lot of original text and the way they translated it.  Here is the page about how they got the name GOD in the first place.  http://www.thenazareneway.com/Genesis%20of%20God.htm

1. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lady ..
      I am not sure that you are addressing me. The way of the heart is a childlike way. Let your conscience dictates. Not books. Much love.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you there but then you have others telling you that what you are feeling is the Devil or Satan.  That link tells you what God is and why it got that name.  Sorry you don't visit outside links.

3. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lady G,
      I spent the last 30 years sitting at the feet of a good Soul, and praying and serving every single day. Inner strength comes from a reliance on Grace and good deeds to ALL. The rest is only 'head stuff'. They may or may not help.

working