jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What does "faith" mean to you?

1. Little Grandmommy profile image60
    Little Grandmommyposted 5 years ago

What does "faith" mean to you?

2. TerryK81 profile image61
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

What does faith mean actually? Well, it's believing in a goal, destination, that is the outcome and reward of perserverance and of never giving up. It is putting understanding and hope to action. The Bible defines faith as "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1 NKJV) By logic and reasoning, in some cases unexplainable, we have hope, faith, confidence in things not yet within the goal line or destination. Faith understands the negative and strives for the positive; Faith is not proud, but is humble and seeks to know the Will of God; Faith grows by putting itself into action; Faith controls the tongue and harbors no indifference or prejudice. Faith understands the root and cause and does not allow the outside to affect the inside. "But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV).
    Faith believes and strives for the best, gives the best, and hopes the best; It knows that what it seeks is out there, even though it cannot be seen or obtained anytime soon.

3. Dan Barfield profile image77
    Dan Barfieldposted 5 years ago

Personally, I think Faith means to believe in something without the necessity of empirical evidence. That does not, however, mean that Faith is irrational. It is entirely possible to have faith in something and to have reached that position of faith through using your faculty of reason. It just means that you cannot point to something in the physical world that proves conclusively that you are correct in your belief.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Faith from my point of view can mean belief in things hoped for, the trust on things you have not seen but believe in its reality.  Faith is always exercised towards God and faith means so much trust in what you want that you don’t need any explanation or justification from anywhere and you will not need to doubt or investigate the problem or what you want because you have faith for manifestation. We can always have the faith that something good will show up afterwards, after working hard or being a good person. it can also be called believing in yourself or in your ability to do a certain task and I think the main idea is something greater than this world. It can also be positive thinking, hope and confidence in our expectations. Sometimes when we have a problem, we always want an assurance or confidence in solution to a problem and that is where we apply faith, so I will say faith is to have confidence and assurance to the healing of our problems.

5. Emanate Presence profile image75
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Faith means to me Divine self-confidence.
    It is trusting deeply in one's innate resources and the patterns and pulses of life, beyond (and sometimes contrary to) what can be known through the intellect and five senses.

6. Mike Marks profile image74
    Mike Marksposted 5 years ago

I don't associate "faith" with concepts like "hope" or "belief" but rather I associate it with "power", as in a mustard seeds amount moves mountains.  I speculate entific cause and effect consequences occcur because of "faith" in math, numbers calculating predictable conclusions that we ourselves observe, faith in that system then higher faith in other people called mathamaticians who say that the numbers calculate correctly in higher math forms we ourselves can not observe, but we "know" that if the wheels spin a certain direction a vehicle moves a certain direction.  It's the "knowing", the "no-doubt", that conjurs the event to occur as we expect it to. In a dream if you "know" you can do this or that, you can, but its easier to "know" you can fly in a dream than to "know" you can fly in the wake world.  If you can't "know" a human can fly like superman, than, even if superman is flying right in front of you, your mind can not put together the image in your brain and nyou'll always be blind deaf and dumb to superman.  But if superman can make you believe, can increase your faith to "knowing", then you may see him heal a cripple or walk on water.  "Faith" is the single power there is, and the particular hypnotic trance you are mesmerized by constitutes the limits of your faith and the physics of the universe you live in.  And if your neighbor shouts at you "I am superman see me fly!" your hypnosis will interprete his words as "I am man see me walk" n your ears, while your eyes will interprete space as a sidewalk, and we may move through life never really seeing or hearing our neighbors but only a removed avatar representing their shout to a whisper across the void.

7. cjpooja26 profile image65
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

Faith is that part of everyone's life that makes every relationship strong and happy.

8. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

Faith is the yin to Hopelessness's yang. The two are absolutely necessary in order to maintain balance in the Universe.

working