jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

If you don't believe in Satan, does that mean you won't go to hell?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 3 years ago

If you don't believe in Satan, does that mean you won't go to hell?

In many other questions and answers, I've read that if you don't have faith in God, you can't go to heaven.

2. profile image55
    tbHistorianposted 3 years ago

Many believe that if you do not believe in Heaven and Hell, that you will remain in a state of purgatory.  In this channel, the individuals spirit is purified through holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.  Should the individual spirit fail to achieve holiness, the spirit would then be channeled to Hell regardless of the fact that they did not believe in Satan.
    The Chambers of Hell present a gloomy kingdom where nothing is sacred and evil resounds.  Those that travel there soon find that their immoral and evil ways only bring forth further fear and pain as they enter the fiery gates where the wicked are punished after death.
    "Does that mean you won't go to Hell?"
    Only you can say - and the Creator knows.
    Faith is the simple path to Glory - many take it and rejoice in the comforting company of others.

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

It depends on what religion you follow. If hell is part of the package of their religion, then those people will have to deal with it. For those who have matured enough, Satan is the same as Santa Claus, a fairytale for children created by men in ancient times to enforce obedience.

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

No.  Satan's greatest achievement is convincing people he does not exist.  You must have faith in God and accept Jesus as your personal savior in order to be admitted into heaven.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Like I told Sheila, I'm exploring other's thoughts. That's why I started my detail with "I have read". In other words, this is the opinion of others; not necessarily mine. My opinions are formed by a compilation of opinions from others.  Thank You

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Try a non-religious example. If I don't believe in gravity, does that mean I won't fall off a cliff if I step over the edge? Disbelieving a fact (for your question, the fact of Satan and hell) doesn't make it any less of a reality. What I don't understand is why you asked the question and then detailed it by adding you can't get to heaven without faith in God. There's a lot more to getting to heaven than faith, but that's for another post. Simply not believing in Satan won't keep anyone out of heaven. There are many Christians I know who deny the existence of Satan and hell, but still believe in God and the ways to salvation - thus they will go to heaven. On the other hand, if they didn't receive salvation, they'll still go to hell whether they believe it exists or not.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is a lot more to getting to heaven, but without faith, nothing else matters. I guess I was wondering if there was still another place called nothingness. Like a lost soul vacuum. I'm not making any statement. Just exploring other's thoughts.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I missed the intention of the question. With this new explanation, I'll say I don't believe in any other eternal destinations other than heaven and hell. God has control over the human spirit, so he won't let it get lost between here and there.

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Crazy and illogical question, but important.

If you don't believe in the truck barreling down the road toward you, will the crash never happen?

If you don't believe the doorway exists, then you can't escape the burning building.

See, it all makes sense. You just have to see it in the right context.

As dead asleep immortal spirit, we cannot take responsibility for our spiritual repair if we don't acknowledge our spiritual nature. It's as simple as that. Everything else is unforgivable ignorance (ignoring the evidence).

working