How to build a relationship with Jesus?

1. boyatdelhi profile image83
    boyatdelhiposted 5 years ago

How to build a relationship with Jesus?

How do you rate your relationship with Jesus in  a 1-10 scale ? (1 - is the least & 10 is the highest)

2. TerryK81 profile image61
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

On a scale, it's hard to determine because for me, there's a lot to learn about Him. One thing to remember is that He loves me with an everlasting love (Jeemiah 31:3) and that He predestined me to become like Him (Romans 8:29) and that  I was on His mind at Calvary. "See, you are engraved upon the palms of My hands; you are continually before Me" (Isaiah 49:16). Some may disagree, but for me, the hardest thing to do is know Jesus; it's difficult and frustrating because there is nothing I can do to make up for anything I've done. Sometimes get down and out because like all people I am not perfect and I make a lot of the same mistakes all the time. Letting Christ change me is a step by step journey, because it is a recreation of my entire nature. The most any human can do is decide to choose Him by believing He will make you His, and repent; Repentance is a complete and miraculous change of heart which is where Christ replaces the old sinful mind-set with His moral perception and understanding. Repentance is more than just "cutting out" behaviors and habits; A murderer can stop certain things but unless his heart is changed, it's not sincere because he will go back to what he was doing before.
         Jesus has given me an understanding of scripture that gets deeper and broader as time goes by; but the thing about His Word that sometimes people don't realize is that unless His Word is LIVED in the daily life in all things spoken and thought, then His Word does no good for you. Proverbs 23:7 says "For as he thinks in his heart so is he". Heart is the mind in the bible. It is where your personality and decisions are made (frontal lobe).
         Firstly, asking Him to come in and work in your life is the start. Repent and put away sins. Confess and ask for forgiveness. However, unless the sins are truly given up at heart and all desire to do them, confession is not accepted and forgiveness not given for that which has not been sincerely done away with. I have often wondered what the look on some faces will be of those who believe that the grace of Christ gives them liscense to live how they so please instead of according to His will; this is not sincerity of heart before God. In 1 Samuel 16:7, He says "For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart".  All selfish pride and ambition must go; it's impossible in our strength. But God and His Word reveals the true intent of the heart (Hebrews 4:11-13)

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

constant prayers. When you pray, you are actually talking to HIM. The more you talk to HIM like an old friend or someone whom you could trust, the more answers you will receive. Seek and you will find, ask and you will receive. I truly believe in this phrase. On the scale, I think our relationship is 7.