How did you come to faith? - what is your 'testimony'.

1. aguasilver profile image81
    aguasilverposted 4 years ago

How did you come to faith? - what is your 'testimony'.

2. Disappearinghead profile image77
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

I was 15 years old and my school friend was continually talking to me about Jesus, etc, etc, and I was taunting him about references to Satan and 666 etc. In the end I said that I would not believe unless something weird happened to me. In the early hours of the following morning I woke up 'blind' and felt the sensation of being pinned to my bed by the head and shoulders whilst I thrashed about trying to get free. The sensation lasted a few seconds. I looked at my clock and saw it was 6 minutes to 6, and I estimated a 6 second experience. It fair scared the crap out of me. I talked it over with my friend and he reckoned Satan was making an attempt upon me for whatever nefarious reasons he might have. That evening I committed myself to Christ motivated by fear.

In the subsequent years I discovered that my experience was probably attributable to sleep paralysis and I no longer believe in the existence of the Christian Satan. So looking back now, if the event was in anyway supernatural, I would interpret it as my Heavenly Father being at work and using my friend's and my own flawed beliefs as a vehicle to get my attention.

3. Danast profile image83
    Danastposted 4 years ago

I was 12 years old when I was saved, and my older brother told me what Jesus did for me on the cross.  He told me that He is God's Son who came to earth to be crucified to pay the ransom for our sin, so that we would not have to suffer eternal damnation.  My brother, Gary, also said that we must accept Jesus as our personal Savior and crown Him as our Lord and Savior and repent (turn away from sin and make up our minds).  We must follow Him.  It has been a winding and twisting road throughout my life, but I have since stopped riding the fence and repented from many of the things that I was doing over the years.  I deserve no merit for 'completely' turning back to Jesus.  It's all because of Jesus!  If anything, He came to me!!  What a Mighty God we have!  How merciful and loving He is!  The Crown goes to Him!  Since I have repented, I have stopped having night terrors (sleep paralysis and a feeling of being attacked).  All of God's Word is truth!  I call the Bible "Our Spiritual Handbook".  We were made to worship and glorify God.  Satan has no power over me anymore!!  The Lord Jesus is always there walking with us and carrying us, every step of the way.  It is up to us to to make up our mind and turn to Him completely with all of our mind, heart, and soul.  Praise be to Yahshua Ha'Mashiach!!!!!!!  He is The King of Kings and The Lord of Lords!

working