jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do we measure womanhood?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

How do we measure womanhood?

The ability to fulfill whatever role one is committed to like being a mom, wife, a friend or just being a single person enjoying life.

Please share some of your thoughts.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Aside from bearing children or any other physical differences that separate a man from a woman we expect all (mature) adults to conduct themselves pretty much in the same way. Be honest, responsible, and accountable for choices they make in life.
    The vast majority of traits we look for in grown women and men are the same. Very few of them are "gender specific".

3. stanwshura profile image76
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

I think that every woman can and should judge and/or measure that for herself.

4. lumen2light profile image82
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

How can one measure the un-measurable? Women are amazing!
    What would you, or even could you measure womanhood against?
    Put vanity behind you and accept how wonderful you really are.

5. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I think that womanhood can only be measured by the one who is living it. Personally, I love being a wife, mother, and friend. However, it is not for everyone. I have friends who have lived single lives contently. Just because they don't want to be wives or mothers doesn't make them less "woman."

With that being said, I do believe that each woman (or man for that matter) should live responsibly. Dashingscorpio said it best with "Be honest, responsible, and accountable for choices they make in life."

working