jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Who are the dead in christ?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image46
    The0NatureBoyposted 4 years ago

Who are the dead in christ?

In one of Paul’s “Rapture” dialogs (I Thessalonians 4:13-17) he talks about “the dead in Christ” so what do we know about them, when did they die, who are they and where do we find their records?

2. manatita44 profile image85
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

So much of the Gospels are not literal! It is prayer and the presence of the Spirit, that teaches us all things. We tend to worry or hover over areas that are best left alone.
    "Let the dead bury their dead," said Christ. Those who are awake to the spirit are spiritually alive, even if they die at 20. Those who are dead to the spirit are spiritually dead, even if they live to a hundred. They are said to have eyes to see and yet they do not see, ears to hear, and yet they do not hear, because their hearts are hardened. These are the ones who do not seek, neither will they knock at God's door. They are alive or may even have died, but the spirit of virtue or compassion and love, are alien to them.

The0NatureBoyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That isn't gospel, it is Pauline doctrine and I've ears to hear the spirit {the meaning} of the Bible.  It's because of having ears I ask the question.  I see you don't have an answer and is doing what believer do, sidestep answering it.

2. manatita44 profile image85
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Re my first note, the dead in Christ are those who walk with God or in His ways. - Manatita44

3. The0NatureBoy profile image46

RE: Your 2nd.
      How are walkers with god dead?  Dead means without body or discarnated.  One "walking" with god is incarnated, who are the discarnated having walked god's ways while incarnated and where do you find them scripturally?

3. worldonedigital profile image44
    worldonedigitalposted 4 years ago

The dead in Christ are those who have accepted Jesus "The Christ" as their Lord & Savior, but have died a physical death.  These are they who will rise first in the Rapture.  http://inspiration.worldonedigital.com

The Bible tells us who will rise and when, I want to see whose studying to understand and who is drinking milk from the breast (Isaiah 28:9) of those who don't.

2. celafoe profile image59
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

there is no rapture they are those believers in CHrist who have died physically  and will be resurrected first for the Judgement.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image46

Celafoe,
      There's a rapture but not until the discarnated have reincarnated, they begin giving birth to the rest of the dead (Rev. 20:5) as they are raptured according to Mat. 20:1-16, the last saved is raptured first until only the Omega is left.

working