jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How is a human being made in the "image of God"?

1. hulah cagen profile image60
    hulah cagenposted 4 years ago

How is a human being made in the "image of God"?

2. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 4 years ago

I believe God is formless in spiritual world. God creates us in His Form as what we can visualize in physical state. Spiritually, we are in the form of light where we can travel without restriction. Our human image is what God sees. So we are what is seen in God's eyes.

3. kess profile image61
    kessposted 4 years ago

We as human are endowed with the capacity to know all things and understand how they are all interwoven to form the one thing when we conceptualise as Good...
    This Good is the reality of  who God is, and it is this nature he sees within us, thus we are undoubtedly created in the image of God.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

God created the first humans in the image of God, in the likeness of God (Gen 1:26-30). What does the "image of God" mean? In what way are we humans different than animals, and in what way are we like God? How has sin affected the image? Is this image relevant to Christian growth, sanctification and the ministry of the church?

I believe that the image of God refers primarily to humanity's moral capacities. Other theories about the image focus on a limited aspect of morality. Although sin has reduced our moral abilities, they remain in potential, and Christians conform to God's image as the Holy Spirit restores their moral capacities.

5. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 4 years ago

God has three components..."the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"...man in God's image is "body, soul, and spirit" and each human is intended by God to be co-creator of his own life with God.

6. mrblueishmouvesky profile image49
    mrblueishmouveskyposted 4 years ago

I'd suggest that possibly that our brains are able to begin to comprehend what a God might be and what being a God might be, so perhaps as Elohim an architect, builder, inventor and creator then we too have those aspects potentially, plus destroyers and protectors potentially.  For example my cat might have some form of the universes spirit within her, part of the spark, however one conceptualises it, however her ability to create and destroy, design and invent seem very limited to us, so I'm not convinved God is a guy with a big beard perhaps though at least see / experience certain "faces of God" perhaps, facets or aspects

7. profile image0
    ctbrown7posted 4 years ago

If you take the scripture in Genesis literally, which includes that we are made after God's likeness as well. It's pretty clear that God is a tangible being, and that we are literally His sons and daughters.

8. profile image60
    chevyssbowtieposted 4 years ago

God's image is the man Christ.
    God knew from the beginning He would come to earth as a man, as the Messiah.
    This is the image God had in mind for Himself from the beginning, and Christ was the image that God patterned man after.
    But God is an invisible Spirit and has no actual image.

Col 1:15  (Jesus Christ) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Heb 1:3  (Jesus Christ) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,...

working