What is your understanding of God's Grace through Faith and how do you receive Grace?
Is God's grace hard to receive? What exactly is required for someone to receive Grace. What spiritual value does God's grace have on someone's life? Can someone who has God's grace lose it because of sin after they accept God's grace? Has everybody been offered grace or just the select few?
God's wonderful grace is what has set us free of the bondage of sin. Through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on the cross. Through his grace we are free to choose Jesus Christ as our savior and redeemer of all sin. Will the flesh continue to sin? Of course. But, it is our souls that have been cleansed with the blood of our sweet savior that will remain this way until that one great day that we will be able to be in his and our loved one's presence for eternity. Great question brother. God bless!
God's grace is like a present on Christmas morning. You don't know how wonderful it is until you accept it and open it. God's grace is also always there. God never gives up on us, even though we sin. It is a gift of wonder and mercy.
For those who accept God's grace you are adopted into the family of God, you are brought into redemption through Christ. There is nothing that can separate us from God. To my knowledge, everyone has been offered grace, however I wish I could say that everyone accepted and lived into that grace, but some people chose to live their lives focused on something other than God. God is constantly waiting for us to accept what He offers, there is no time limit saying we have to accept God's grace for this long before it becomes a part of us. It is there, it will always be there, and all we need to do is accept it and live into the Love of God.
God's grace is unmerited and undeserved favor, freely and lovingly offered to everyone. Ephesians 2:8 & 9 tells us that it is by God's grace that we are saved from the destructive effects of sin and that there is nothing that we can do to earn it. The thing is, we need to accept God's offer of grace; if we do not accept it, then we will never receive it.
Nolyn- Titus 1: 11 (NKJV) states: " For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. " However, as you clearly stated grace must be accepted through Faith. We must believe we have received it. Thanks your answer. Many bless ing.
Extremely beautiful and profound questions.
1. Is God's grace hard to receive? The wind of Grace is always blowing, but it requires a receptive heart. Grace is like sunshine, if we keep our curtains open, then we will receive it. Equally, if we keep our curtains closed or shut, then it cannot come in.
2. What exactly is required for someone to receive Grace? Love of God, steadfast daily prayer and interior prayer, service and an exemplary life. St. Paul exhorts us to be imitators of Christ, and our Lord Himself asks us to 'seek and ye shall find' 'knock and the door shall be opened unto you.' In other words, yearning, longing or earnestness is necessary. We must want the life of the Divine. Here this would be accompanied by discipline, steadfastness, prudence, and one-pointed devotion to this Cause. We cannot serve two Masters. It is either God, or the slavery and attachment to worldly and material desires.
Here I speak of attachment or slavery. I wish to make it quite clear that seeking things to utilise here on earth for heavens sake, I perceive differently from seeking things for their own sake. Finally, the descent of Grace requires purity of heart, a clear conscience and a life of gratitude to the Supreme. The Christ tells us that it is the things inside that can defile us: doubt, greed, lust, insecurity, jealously, anger, greed and many others. They consequently minimise or block the descent of grace.
3. What spiritual value does God's grace have on someone's life? Grace is imperative. The strength we require to serve others or love others indeed our Lord Himself, comes from the descent of the Holy Spirit, from Grace. It is this which transforms our inner nature and burns away our ignorance. We cannot do this alone. Prayer is essential, as well as humility before God, the ability to bend like a yielding tree.
4. Can someone who has God's grace lose it because of sin after they accept God's grace? Yes. We can forget God or become diverted through modern 'clusters' in our lives and 'consumerism', etc. Still, Grace is not truly lost and will remain until we are again ready to approach the Divine.
5. Has everybody been offered grace or just the select few? The good mother sends all her children to school. Some may do well and others not so well for different reasons. This kind of story is reflected in the parable of the sower. Grace is there for all, but some, by virtue of their childlike nature, their seeking, are more receptive than others.
manatita44- Thank you for your long and detailed answer. Some points you made I have not heard before and I must give it some though and study in the bible. Thanks.
You are a good man, my Brother. I feel that you are sincere. Sometimes, it is also good to add the 'spirit' rather than the law. This comes automatically with prayer. Write to me with what you do not understand. Loving thoughts. email@example.com
God's Grace is the free gift of God that allows to have communion with Him and for salvation. God's grace is free but you have to be willing to accept the free gift of Grace just as you would any gift that someone else would give us. Sometimes we are stubborn and think we don't need this gift and reject it but God grace is always available to those who confess with their lips and believe in their hearts that Jesus Christ is Lord.
by graceinus4 years ago
How does Grace through Faith work in relation to Jesus Christ death on the cross?The bible explains Jesus Christ took our sins when He was nailed to the cross. In doing so a new era of the New Covenant entered the world...
by graceinus3 years ago
What does God's Grace mean to you?Do we understand or under estimate the Grace of God? Is God's grace far more than what we think it is? What is all covered in His Grace? God's grace is unmerited, unearned favor...
by Sundeep Kataria2 weeks ago
What is the difference between God's Mercy and God's Grace?
by Bruce_Leiter7 years ago
Grace is a fascinating subject. I believe that the Bible is the only book that promotes it as a characteristic of God. No other sets of spiritual beliefs talk about it. As I study the Bible's idea of...
by ecoggins4 years ago
Does receptiveness to God's grace first require recognition of the need?
by rdlang055 years ago
In what way do Human's participate in God's grace?Does our will have anything to do with God's gift? Can works be meritorious in certain situations? Is every human participation in God's grace completely a...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.