How does Grace through Faith work in relation to Jesus Christ death on the cross

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image54
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

How does Grace through Faith work in relation to Jesus Christ death on the cross?

The bible explains Jesus Christ took our sins when He was nailed to the cross. In doing so a new era of the New Covenant entered the world upon His death.So, is the gift of grace through faith from Jesus Christ the Son or from God the Father? or does it matter?

2. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68
    BuffaloGal1960posted 11 years ago

The gift of grace comes from God THROUGH His ultimate sacrifice, His Son Jesus.
    There has never been recorded a great love. 

I would have called ten thousand angels to rescue me!  Wouldn't you?

We live in grace - those who believe are saved from eternal death by accepting that Christ died for us (our sins).  Faith without works is dead - which means you have to do your best to live what you believe.

1. profile image54
      graceinusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

BuffaloGal1960- Grace is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't want to live without God's grace. It's one of  the most important thing from God that  we have.

BuffaloGal1960posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gradeinus:  You are so right. Grace IS a wonderful thing and I didn't mean to imply it wasn't.  I for SURE do not want to live without grace.  Because I am so imperfect and so unworthy, I could not live a life of rules, but I guess God knew that!

3. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

John 14:9-11

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?  10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.  11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
    NKJV
    so it does not matter

1. profile image54

Amen celafoe.

Great answer.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image61
    C.V.Rajanposted 11 years ago

A faith in God or a son-of-God like Jesus, with all the essential qualities of surrender, love, self-discipline etc  will work grace on you irrespective of whether Jesus died in cross or lived 400 years.

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68

Jesus is/was the Son of God - God incarnate. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life"   While I believe there are types of moral people who do good works, I do not believe we can create our own grace through works.

5. Wakerra profile image74
    Wakerraposted 11 years ago

So, I get my comments deleted again because of what I believe.  I'm sorry but that is just discrimination

1. profile image54

Wakerra- I am assuming you have a Holy Bible to support your answer to my question. The verses you quoted from IS NOT the Holy Bible. Also I WILL NOT allow links on answers  for the purpose of supporting peoples churches. This applies to everybody.

2. Wakerra profile image74
      Wakerraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can understand the links issue, its the scripture references.  I'm getting a little tired of people discrediting my comments because they relate to other doctrines, when they don't even bother to investigate and test its validity

3. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

oh we have done that- compared your false religion to the real scriptures and they have failed the test miserably.   of course since yours change frequently we do not bother to check again as ours NEVER change

4. Wakerra profile image74

Proper research will clarify the reason of change between the first and second editions.  This is still beside my point: Did you or did you not read the passages I provided?  If you would have read them, you would have found them very uniform

5. celafoe profile image54

yes discrimination, a scriptural principle, that is what Jesus came to do.  to separate the false from the truth.  Mormon writing is from satan not Jesus so I ignore it.   see Luke 12:51 from the real scriptures

6. Wakerra profile image74

So, if by that, you would be claiming that Jesus is not born of Mary, did not suffer the sins of you or I, and was not resurrected in 3 days after his death.  Satanistic, riiiight...

7. celafoe profile image54

no I did not say that, the real Jesus did all of that but your jesus did not.   your doctrine changes not ours Gal 1:7-9 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

8. Wakerra profile image74

but you did discredit the passages, which that is exactly what they talk about.  Again, if you have not read the book, you cannot speak falsely against it.

9. profile image54

Wakerra- I assume Hubpages has a complain department or section that you may contact.  I stand by what I said. Have a good day.

10. PlanksandNails profile image75
      PlanksandNailsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mormon Articles of Faith 1:8 says, "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it has been translated correctly;..." This approach allows Mormons to ignore key Bible Scriptures, which refute Mormon doctrines.

11. celafoe profile image54

wak-  u keep saying "if you havnt read the book",  I told you I ahve studied your " other gospel" and have found it does not line up with the real scriptures-- it is a false gospel of joseph smith, and is not of God

12. Wakerra profile image74

You said you've studied my gospel, not the Book of Mormon.  If you truly and prayerfully studied the book along with the Bible, keeping an open mind and asking God for enlightenment on the matter, you'd know.  I stand by my testimony, and say no more

13. celafoe profile image54

i have nothing more for you--- you are deceived and plan to stay that way   j smith was a fraud and the book of moron is the fruit of his corrupt mind mixed with the unGodly masonic book, none of which is related to Christianity. I reject your info.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)