jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I prevent myself from procrastinating?

1. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

How do I prevent myself from procrastinating?

2. Lee Tea profile image91
    Lee Teaposted 4 years ago

Goal setting!!

Set small, measurable, attainable, and challenging goals.  Start with the end result and break it down into the short, medium, and long term goals to reach it.  Post pictures of your goal everywhere and keep it as your focus.  This is a calculated formula and can get you from point A to point B in a timely manner.

Alternately, you could just quit worrying about it and roll with life as it comes.

Either way - be well.

3. Disappearinghead profile image77
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

Not sure, I'll let you know tomorrow when I've got time.

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Create a schedule to get things done and a means to enforce it. There has to be both a "carrot" and a "stick" when you succeed or fail to keep up.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Instead of asking questions that you can do something about, do something about them.

6. KL Klein profile image83
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

I'm a terrible procrastinator - but I've learned not to fight it, but to use it.

I make a list of things I must get done, putting the most unpleasant and arduous one at the top. Then I actively avoid doing it by doing everything else first.

When I have a term paper I should be working on, my kitchen is spotless. If I really don't want to do the dishes, the term paper gets done.