jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which is the most scariest verse in the bible?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 4 years ago

Which is the most scariest verse in the bible?

2. irenemaria profile image71
    irenemariaposted 4 years ago

Not one word in the Bible is scary to me. Today I read this verse and feel serious:
    (Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14) . . .Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man. 14 For the [true] God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

3. glynch1 profile image54
    glynch1posted 4 years ago

Revelation 20:15 reads: "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." To me, this verse is among the "most scariest" verses in the Bible because this rejection by God is eternal. The lake of fire is/represents eternal death (separation from God) for the balance of eternity.

4. Ronald Bachner profile image81
    Ronald Bachnerposted 4 years ago

The most scarest is not the issue.  The most important and concerning may be that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 15:50).  There is only life in accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  The choice is between life and death.  Does one have the courage or calling to seek life?  Knowing the truth and not making a choice is scary.

5. Chris Remmie profile image80
    Chris Remmieposted 3 years ago

Easy. The scariest verse is
    Matthew 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'