jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What manifestations do you see in the body of Christ if any?

1. louisxfourie profile image80
    louisxfourieposted 4 years ago

What manifestations do you see in the body of Christ if any?

The word of Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Gift of Healing, Working of Miracles, Prophesy, Discerning of Spirits or Denver's kind of tongues and the interpretation of tongues?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8253628_f260.jpg

2. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

To be quite honest, I don't focus on 'manifestations.' In past years, I have seen many of the manifestations you speak of within the church. However, I have also seen hatred in many of those that have manifestations as well. Therefore, I tend to focus on God's love. We shall know if they are truly godly people by the way they love others.

3. dianetrotter profile image71
    dianetrotterposted 4 years ago

I think Christianity has been diluted because anyone can say, "I'm a Christian" and cancel out the Christian who has accepted Christ.  That encourages the narrative of those who want to criticize Christianity.  I think a tree should be judged by the fruit that it bears consistently in accordance with the Word of God.  The fruit of the Spirit should be evident in the person's walk; otherwise, talk is cheap.  People talk about love and really do not love.  People talk about peace but cause trouble.  People talk about joy and then complain about everything.

1. louisxfourie profile image80
      louisxfourieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen Dianetrotter everything has became cheap, it is time to be seen by our fruit, LOVE.

4. PlanksandNails profile image86
    PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago

Most manifestations that many claim in the modern "churches" have already fulfilled their purpose that God gave to them. That is why Jesus warned of practitioners who would make claims of false signs and wonders. The sign gifts have fullfilled their purpose of laying the foundation of the Gospel and the Church. There is no new special knowledge and revelation; therefore, any manifestation must be weighed, tested and filtered through God's Word.

working