jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Santeria,elekes

1. profile image50
    The18carlosposted 4 years ago

Santeria,elekes

Hi I'm new to Santeria I have received most of my warriors,but I was reading online the other day and found out that you can't go to the club or drink with your elekes on.So is this bad?why is it bad going clubbing and drinking with them on?and if it is bad what could happen?

2. Amethystraven profile image79
    Amethystravenposted 4 years ago

From what I have been reading, you should be going to your Godparents for these answers to this question. What I am understanding is Santeria is extremely spiritual and is to be respected. It seems the elekes act as a protection and provide awareness to the one who wears them. Even for people who don't practice Santeria or are not initiated into Santeria, clubbing and drinking invite and create energies of overindulgence. Elekes are earned in a step by step initiation process. Earning them and being initiated with them is sacred and to be respected from what I have been reading,. They are more than just jewelry, they are part of an earned path that leads you to purification. Drinking and clubbing may be considered impure and could taint them as well as you. When being initiated into Santeria there is a lot of effort, patience and respect that is to be learned and earned. Your Godparents are your teachers and your guides, let them help you.

1. profile image50
      The18carlosposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My godparents are in cuba,and what do you mean by taint.

2. Amethystraven profile image79
      Amethystravenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Taint means unclean. From what I have been reading when you earn your elekes they are blessed and cleansed. Other people's negative energy can make them unclean or break them.

3. profile image50

How could I take this negative energy away from them without have to go to my godfather

4. Amethystraven profile image79

The18carlos, that is a good question. Is there someone your Godparents can refer you to where you are at? I'm no Godparent. I read the info on a web site. I don't want to give you wrong information that could disappoint you or your Godparents.

5. profile image50

They are in cuba and I have no connection with them till next summer when I return.i live in Miami and I don't know any santeros/Santera,and if you wouldn't mind giving me the website were you are getting this info thanks!

6. Amethystraven profile image79

The website is santeriachurch.org. There is a lot of information on that site. It's the best one I have seen so far. I hope you find the answers you need to help you The18carlos. I wish you well.

working