WHy Do CHristians accept incorrect answers and thank people for them on here?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. celafoe profile image53
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

WHy Do CHristians accept incorrect answers and thank people for them on here?

I see many professing to be Christian asking questions or posting hubs on the Christian section here that accept and even  thank people for giving incorrect (non scriptural) answers or comments instead of correcting the person's error with proper use of scripture.   WHY would you  affirm a  false answer or comment.?

2. dianetrotter profile image62
    dianetrotterposted 11 years ago

I ask questions to start a discussion  Some answers are cut and dry while others are based on different schools of thought.  I am a pre-tribber but I know there are post-tribbers and amillienialists.  Attempting to correct someone on one point in these cases are not productive unless one wants to just state that the other schools of thought are wrong.  Then either a debate starts or people withdraw.

celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

while more than one complementary answers are possible, NO contradictory answers are possible. when there are contradictory answers are given one or both are wrong and discussion to determine TRUTH is in order. no other way is correct.

2. dianetrotter profile image62
      dianetrotterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Celafoe, are you a pretribber too?

3. dianetrotter profile image62
      dianetrotterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So why do you think the lie was started?  Do you think there will be thousand year reign of Christ?

4. celafoe profile image53

renegades Schoffield, Darby and a couple others made it popular. It came from a misinterpretation of a womans dream around 1730.  I have a hub "we are going where?" that explains the truth.  1000 yr reign not sure I dont do much with Revelation

3. Ceegen profile image67
    Ceegenposted 11 years ago

That's the tricky part about the bible. Who is doing the interpreting, and where do we draw the lines? When does the bible become "too crazy" for some people to believe? When we read about a global flood, or, when we hear about a guy that resurrected after being dead three days?

Let the inspiration of the Holy Spirit be your guide, not the doctrines of religion and tradition. Sure some of them get some of it right, but we can't all be 100% right 100% of the time. Maybe someone does know something that you don't?

1. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Stay humble and hungry. God will provide the answers you need, either by sending you a messenger or showing you a sign that helps you understand -- but only if you remain humble and hungry.

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 11 years ago

I can only speak for myself obviously, since i dont know what others are thinking. I know sometimes if someone gives me an answer I dont know or want to do some research on i will just thank them for their time and go do my research. I personally like asking to questions to learn. I never ask questions to do the "ah ha, gotcha" kind of thing. if i get an answer i disagree with, i will try an debate however, to the best of my abilities.

good answer.

5. MissMelissaK profile image80
    MissMelissaKposted 11 years ago

I think it's out of fear.  They don't want to come off as self-righteous.  There is a fine line when dealing with people online.  If you were in person, it would be a different story, but since you don't know the person and you have no idea on how they will react, some people would rather play it safe then tell them how they really feel.  And it also may be out of plain ignorance.  Many Christians study the Bible, but there is so much to learn that it would be impossible for any one person to know everything.

good answer     also see comment to dianetrotter below

6. profile image53
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

celafoe- Your question could not have come at a better time, because this is something I have been thinking about for the past week and a half or so.

It is my firm belief that many false doctrine out there is being persented to be fact by many of the man made churches out there. I do believe it is the respossibility of those who identify false doctrine to speak out against it. Many time I have spoken out against false doctrine and will continue to do so.

Clearly I have, in the past six months or so have spoke out againt false teaching. I have many time been very blunt and direct in my replies to answers and comments that are contrary to bible teaching. And based on their reply back it is clear they are offended or feel personal attacked for their believe in the doctrine they hold dear.
    Lately, it has come to my attention by a close friend that many of those who may be offended in my comments are not so much offended by what I say as much as they are offended by the way I say it. It was explained to me that my tone or the approach I uses to explain my point is harsh or abrasive. And because of this people are more apt to turn away from anything I have to say or gives them more reason to defend what is perceived as a personal attack on their faith or doctrine.. And it is giving them more reason to stand there ground in the dortrine they hold. And this in itself may drive those way who are seeking truth. And that is this last thing I want to do.
    I believe it is important to continue to point out bad doctrine by revealing or showing sound bible doctrine to those who have been misled or those who are misleading others.
    I realize there will be those who will continue to teach or push wrong doctrine to other regardless of what I may say or how I may say it. And I will state here and now that I AM NOT the sole authority on what the bible does and does not say. And don't claim too. So my strongest suggestion to all christian is to take it upon themselves to study the word of God. To get involved in deep study of the word of God. So that over time THEY can identify false doctrine for themselves when they hear it. And question or confront those who are teaching false doctrine. This is a respossibility of every christian. To learn truth, direct others to the truth. But it must be done with the understanding that we are the church. That we are the body of Christ. That the true church is within us. And Christ Jesus is the head of the one and only true Church.

i agree.   but for those who continue to push false doctrines dont forget   
      Prov 15:10  "harsh discipline is for him who forsakes the way"

7. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 11 years ago

Scriptures can be interpreted in many ways. A lot of egotistical Christians think they have the exclusive interpretation. What's strange to me is, they can look at a scripture, particularly a statement by Jesus, and say he didn't say it. Some Christians want to cling to the idea of suffering, poverty, sin and salvation. They don't believe life is to be enjoyed even though countless scriptures say the joy of the Lord is your strength. Such is the nature of interpretations.

8. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Celafoe, you imply that you have a more perfect understanding. Yet, many of your comments in the past have shown very little understanding of the spirit of scripture. The letter only leads to death.

Too many Christians care about such things, because ego is bruised. But ego is the opposite of Christ's teachings. Following ego is the opposite of following Christ. Some with big egos may call this unscriptural, simply because they don't understand scripture. Those who always need to be right (first, ego) shall be last (humbled).

For more than 1,500 years, the teachings of Christ have been mangled by those who were more interested in political advancement. This became dogma, starting with Constantine and Justinian. Their dogma was definitely not scriptural, but it persists today.

We all do not know all of God's Truth. We all need to remain humble and hungry for answers. Do not accept any human's answers as Truth. Show love, but also encourage everyone to leave even their current truths for ones closer to God's Truth. The path is called "path" for the very good reason that it requires one to travel it. Too many have sat down, thinking that they have arrived, only to block the path.

I encourage you to keep learning from scripture. You don't know it, yet. Neither do I, and I've been studying it for over 60 years.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

celafoe- As far as I can tell I see NOTHING wrong with your understanding of God's word. Keep up the good work your doing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)