jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

To be spiritual, does it mean that an individual has to be religious or believe

1. ajmahent profile image61
    ajmahentposted 4 years ago

To be spiritual, does it mean that an individual has to be religious or believe in god?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I think the definition says it all my friend:
    of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.
    of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.
    closely akin in interests, attitude, outlook, etc.: the professor's spiritual heir in linguistics.
    of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.
    characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.

3. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

No. Many spiritual people are not religious or believe in a 'god'. For me, religion is for people afraid of going to hell, and spirituality is for those who have already been there.

1. KEPitz1005 profile image60
      KEPitz1005posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very well said...

4. jstfishinman profile image62
    jstfishinmanposted 4 years ago

Satan worshippers, witches,  warlocs are just as spiritual as Christians, Muslims, Budda or any other worshippers.
    Religion gets more and more involved with ritual, ceremonies, and traditions as opposed to spiritual worship of a God.
    To be spiritual you not only believe in the  power of both the good and evil spirit . The good spirit or God in any worship is more powerful than the evil or Satanic spirit. You also realize that man is spiritual, as well as physical. We also realize that there is a spiritual  battle that goes on around us daily.
    So you can be spiritual believing in something opposite of God.

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Being spiritual is returning to your own true, spiritual nature.

So many pervert this and don't know what they're doing. You can tell by the way they act (the "fruit they bear"). If they are egotistical, then they are perverting spirituality. They are staying in ego and dabbling with spiritual things. This is an abomination.

If a person is completely without ego, then they are completely unselfish, unconditionally loving, 100% responsible for everything that happens to them (no blame or being victim), they remain utterly humble, and yet they are perfectly confident (faithful).

Too much of religion is dogma and ritual. It feeds ego and is thus evil.

Religion, itself, is not evil. It is merely spiritual people coming together for fellowship in the spirit.

Believe in God? Why not? If you go to your parent's house, do you ignore them or honor them?

God is love. God is us sharing and no longer being selfish and separate.

1. ajmahent profile image61
      ajmahentposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very well said, ...Thanks for the response, I had a similar understanding myself from couple of books I've read but I wanted to get some further clairification.

working