jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is kingdom of God is akin to insight ? An insight to know the real essence of Go

1. Harishprasad profile image83
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

Is kingdom of God is akin to insight ? An insight to know the real essence of God.

Great seers like Christ uttered divine words meaning of that is not easy to decipher. Being a lover of Christ's magical words, I am always curious to fathom the real meaning of them. Some of the sayings of Christ is in parables that are also difficult to comprehend , I am equally curious to know their meaning.I think kingdom of God is present in every person having learnt the real essence very well. Only such an insightful person and not a person babbling "Christ,Christ....save me "can be able to know Christ's words that have subtleness behind them,very mysterious words, indeed !

2. C.V.Rajan profile image80
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

You are absolutely correct. In India, we had/we do have several Self-realized saints who have had experienced whatever Jesus Christ tries to convey through parables.  Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Ramana Maharshi, Saibaba, Papa Ramadas, Swami Shivananda and so on to name a few, who lived in the recent past. Currently we have Mata Amritanandamayi. She has so many Christian followers. She is extremely popular in US and Europe.

Many westerners came to Ramana Maharshi (when he was alive) seeking his explanation on the various statements and parables of Jesus Christ. He could give them the needed explanations and also could relate them to Upanishads and advaitic statements of Hindu realized souls.

3. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

it actually isnt as magical or difficult as it first seems. learn the customs, know the time and location and audience in which Jesus was speaking to, then gain an understanding of how to decipher metaphors and hyperbole from literal meanings. read Jesus' parables in their proper context which means going back and reading what was happening before he told it. Learning these things will give you more insight in to what he was teaching to the people around him.

1. Harishprasad profile image83
      Harishprasadposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Christiananrkist, a good suggestion you gave to me. I will again delve into all about Christ, the great in the light of your suggestion. Thanks a lot.

working