jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

. In 25 words or less, which human trait is stronger, and why? REVENGE or PRIDE

1. R. Martin Basso profile image79
    R. Martin Bassoposted 4 years ago

In 25 words or less, which human trait is stronger, and why?
    REVENGE or PRIDE.

2. Lisettemarie profile image60
    Lisettemarieposted 4 years ago

Pride is stronger, it is the driving force behind most revenges.That also explain the lack of love. Nobody wants to be selfless anymore.

R. Martin Bassoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Kindness is now misinterpreted as weakness, thus opening us up at our most vulnerable time, to predators. Such us the new reality of our new generation. Is it any wonder, Lisette, that selflessness is waning, and being replaced by selfishness. Sigh.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I think it depends on the person who has the revenge and/or  pride, but also each "incident"/circumstance/cause of either.

Each thing, in turn, by each thing, in time.

4. profile image54
    barethoughtsposted 4 years ago

Revenge is not as strong because it is usually driven by a negative thought. Pride is stronger because it is usually driven by a positive thought.

Negative thought is the usual association with revenge, yes, but what if the revenge itself is in response to bring wronged? I am a father and if my children were violated or harmed and the offender got
      Off on a loophole is revenge then justifiable?

5. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

Pride in who you are is stronger because it shows that you respect yourself and what you believe in. Revenge shows how weak a person is.

Hi Renee
      You mean, I assume, inwardly.  When revenge is manifested outwardly and becomes known, it no longer is revenge... It's just plain psycho. For revenge to be effective shouldn't it remain private, which itself takes strength, no?

2. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
      ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Pride begins within as revenge does. It begins with a feeling about yourself and how you want to express that feeling.Revenge is still revenge when acted on. I don't think it shows strength because you focus on the other party, not yourself.

working