Pope believes in Evolution & Aliens are our Savior, Big Bang & dogs-

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

Most religious arguments could be over if all agree on what the Pope believes. The Pope believes in evolution & aliens are our savior. Also dogs go to heaven & hell dose not exists. Then most of all, the Big Bang fire of love is how the Universe began. Was it not the Biblical supernatural on how the universe began? No?

When Ghosts & Sasquatch are more believable than Yahweh, it’s easier for the Pope to sell God as an Alien. Keep that up, the bible won’t exist.

How can Christians argue with the Largest Christian leader living on earth with 1.3 billion followers? Jesus had a few hundred.

The Pope does not approve of Marianna. He goes approves legalizing gays. If you get caught with a joint in your month, it better be a guy.
    Yet his religion can forbids masturbation. Made a post about Pope and Sex, before it was remove. What do I care if many discussion are ignored in the Bible for nonsense. The Pope is an optimistic, if he simply rewrite the book of Universal Truth and Knowledge to make good sense. Why not, good sense makes love. Maybe the Bible will have no need to exist except for exciting fairy tales as they shut out to listening to the rest of the world .

Your thoughts.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

So, you think everyone should be Catholic?

Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why would I think that? One world religion will never happen, yet sharing good sense can be shared from anyone.  Atheist are more connected to Religion than I would be. Kinda like Homophobic to Christainphobic where I'm more fascinated by how people think in general.

Don't you think the Pope is changing the game of the Bible? Many of these hardcore theories and ways of thinking would.

No shhh...oulding please.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think the Pope is probably a really good guy. That's all the thought I've put on the topic of the modern Papacy.

Hell of a modern rewrite. Can go for kinder legend,myths & theories.

I think you put too much importance on other people's ideas about God.

I'ts the other way round. Too many perpare their whole life to go to heaven through extreme obedience.

The Pope conflicts and confuse between creatism and Big Bang theory. Or an alien God to Evolution. No hell of eternal torture yet only a heaven of extreme happiness. Why not just ignore the Bible and it's equal carrot and stick heaven and hell. Be successful in life with balance in phyical, finance, intellectual, spiritual and relationships. Be the king of your own demain. Most leaders suck anyway, lead your own life.

Extreme obedience? lol I don't see a lot of extreme obedience to core values. Not within Christianity, anyway. Maybe you are talking about Islam?

God has given you everything, all he wants in return is for you to worship him and give him your entire soul. You are to hate your mother and your father and so on if you don't love him first. If you don't kill your only son, when he ask, you don't love him....Nnnaaaa. Than you must love this one God over millions of Gods because he is a jeolous God.Nnnaaaa.... All  major religions are bat sh*t crazy. Nnnaa Obedience is most important in creating 90% of the predominantly religious  countries wars.

I'm afraid your assessment doesn't reflect the vast majority of Christians. It is your fantasy.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I thought that Catholics were required to consider the Pope doctrinal infallible?  Even as a non-religious person I would tend to think the Pope knows more about these things than the average Catholic.

Pope really surprized or shocked me breaking tradition ways of thinking. Maybe that would make all the other 43,000 christain demonination jealous, they did not take the risk for the name of love and good sense.

Still would want to move onto more workable solutions on Abortion/Love/sex/taxes/nature/drug issues. I got my anwers, what would God do?

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

Sounds like the Pope is a New Ager on his way to the Ascension of Aquarious. Maybe there's hope for this world yet. I hear the Ascended Masters cheering.

I can not tell yet what is real or phony about this Pope. If it is a scram to gain more popularity and money for the Vantican, that is one convincing way of selling and gaining towards a One World Religion.

Yet, killing a Catholic traditions and the Bible. On the other hand I'm always for human and natural enviorment advancements. They can fake it, till we all can make it.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
        MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where you got these beliefs of the Pope, but I would be interested in learning more about them. Seriously, you did describe New Age, so if he actually believes this way, maybe the church is making progress because New Age stresses freedom of spirit, not allegiance to one way of thinking. Scientology excepted, of course.

Written in the independence

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared.

Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Francis explained that both scientific theories were not incompatible with the existence of a creator – arguing instead that they “require it”.

“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said.

World's most popular religions
          show all
          “The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it.

READ MORE
          Pope Francis' top 10 tips for happiness
          Pope says he 'believes in guardian angels'
          Francis makes exorcisms official Catholic practice
          One in 50 Anglican priests 'doesn't believe in God'
          “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

The Catholic Church has long had a reputation for being anti-science – most famously when Galileo faced the inquisition and was forced to retract his “heretic” theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

But Pope Francis’s comments were more in keeping with the progressive work of Pope Pius XII, who opened the door to the idea of evolution and actively welcomed the Big Bang theory. In 1996, John Paul II went further and suggested evolution was “more than a hypothesis” and “effectively proven fact”.

Yet more recently, Benedict XVI and his close advisors have apparently endorsed the idea that intelligent design underpins evolution – the idea that natural selection on its own is insufficient to explain the complexity of the world. In 2005, his close associate Cardinal Schoenborn wrote an article saying “evolution in the sense of common ancestry might be true, but evolution in the neo-Darwinian sense – an unguided, unplanned process – is not”.

Giovanni Bignami, a professor and president of Italy’s National Institute for Astrophysics, told the Italian news agency Adnkronos: “The pope’s statement is significant. We are the direct descendents from the Big Bang that created the universe. Evolution came from creation.”

Giulio Giorello, professor of the philosophy of science at Milan’s University degli Studi, told reporters that he believed Francis was “trying to reduce the emotion of dispute or presumed disputes” with science.

Despite the huge gulf in theological stance between his tenure and that of his predecessor, Francis praised Benedict XVI as he unveiled a bronze bust of him at the academy's headquarters in the Vatican Gardens.

“No one could ever say of him that study and science made him and his love for God and his neighbour wither,” Francis said, according to a translation by the Catholic News Service.

“On the contrary, knowledge, wisdom and prayer enlarged his heart and his spirit. Let us thank God for the gift that he gave the church and the world with the existence and the pontificate of Pope Benedict.”

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)