jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Should we leave God and Obama out of HP Q&A for awhile?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

Should we leave God and Obama out of HP Q&A for awhile?

I've been a member of HP for almost 2 years. The answers section used to have dozens of new questions daily. This weekend, I think there were about 4. The rest are questions from 2 and 3 years ago. HP has to put something there. I also notice that there are about 15 of the same people asking, answering and commenting on a regular basis, and most of the time, turns into personal attacks of some sort.
         I will not participate in the religious or political theater for awhile. I believe this is what is alienating people from this section. What say you?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I would support such a measure. The constant preaching and the partisan political battles are getting old.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's a great place to go if you're looking for a fight. We just need to add some other subjects. Expanding our horizons will result in expanding the participation in Q&A.

3. profile image53
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

Why should people quit asking questions concerning current events?
    Questions about God and Obama present current event situations where knowledge is transferred through truthful interaction with others.
    Sticking our heads in the sand when these current events occur is what has presented us with enraging immoral communities today.
    People alienate themselves by denying the truth.
    Individuals that present truth seek to repair the society.
    Those that wish to expand immoral evil through deceitful presentations seek to destroy the society even more.
    Shall we allow the evil to persist?

1. IDONO profile image81

This is exactly what I'm talking about. tbhist; You can ask and preach anything you want, but there are other interests in this world that are moral and not evil. If your attitude is one of , morality and kindness, you'll keep this rhetoric 2 urself.

4. strkngfang profile image78
    strkngfangposted 4 years ago

They do get really old, the same questions worded differently every few days. Nobody will ever sway a person to change their beliefs, if they are sincere with them, so why does everyone think if they fight, belittle, insult etc., that it is actually going to accomplish anything?? 
    Religion and politic discussion will only cause fights unless you share the same views and this will never change.  I used to get sucked into the debates but have grown wiser to avoid them.

1. IDONO profile image81

I agree. I let myself get sucked into these theaters and find myself, usually defending my beliefs. Why? Because I'm stupid. I don't need to defend my beliefs to anyone; especially some anonymous, dogmatic egotist that thinks they know "the truth".

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

The section is definitely over-saturated with those kinds of questions. Part of it is the fault of the posters and part of it is the fault of the viewers. I've seen legitimate questions sink like a rock because they just don't incite that same level of fire that encourages people to click. Maybe, rather than avoid these sections, we should comb through previous posts that haven't gotten attention. With enough traffic, the hot questions should finally start to shift to new topics.

1. IDONO profile image81

These questions are always welcome and they are entitled to do so. But I don't want to spend so much time worrying about the afterlife that I miss THIS life. I'd like to participate in new, fresher subjects. I do this as hobby. Not income or mission.