jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where are we (humans) come from?

1. boyatdelhi profile image82
    boyatdelhiposted 4 years ago

Where are we (humans) come from?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I come from New Jersey, but that's probably not the answer you're looking for...

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

I answered a similar question recently. There is a Source, a Perenial Entity or Absolute which we give different names. That's cool. No problems.

This Source in Silence comes down and manifests in sound (Creation). It sends the immortal Soul which involutes (comes down). The Soul then begins a process of transmigration and evolution via the mineral, plant, animal and finally human life. God is the Source and all things are a manifestation of that Source. All scriptures speak of the beginning and the end or if you like, the deathless and birthless Spirit.

Wisdom comes through mystical experience. I cannot teach you this. You simply follow the guidelines of your religion through faith itself and practice of course. All will be revealed in its own time. God never hurries.

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

and how does this fit into CHristianity???

4. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

the bible says (and I believe it) that God created man on the 6th day of creation.   and He gave them the ability to procreate and told them to go and fill the earth and they did.   We are ALL descended from a couple, created by God, known as Adam and Eve.    Plain and simple as are all things with God.

5. lone77star profile image86
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Humans are a complex collection.

The body is the most obvious, but we also have ego (the source of selfishness), and we have the spirit (the child of God).

God created the spirit (Genesis 1:26) in his own image and likeness.

God created the body (Genesis 2:7) from the dust of the ground (chemicals; DNA).

We created ego when we ate the forbidden fruit in Genesis 3.

I believe in evolution as one of God's most elegant creations, but I feel that Homo sapiens was a special order species, because God's lost children needed a better body to help in the rescue of God's  children.

My research shows that Adam (the first tribe) came to Earth 10.5 million years ago. This is according to a new timeline discovered in Genesis. The same timeline also pegs Noah's Flood at 27,970 BC, right when the "daughters of men" species ceased to exist. If it weren't for the Flood, Homo sapiens would've been wiped out and God would've had to start all over again.