jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do ghost hunts, or paranormal investigations, always take place at night?

1. Mr-Mediocre profile image96
    Mr-Mediocreposted 4 years ago

Why do ghost hunts, or paranormal investigations, always take place at night?

It's not like spirits are vampires so the time of day should not matter. This has never made sense to me. In fact, it seems like the only reason to do this is to heighten the senses and trick oneself into believing things are happening when really they are not.

2. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I've heard investigators say on shows that "darkness is their realm", or something like that...

3. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

I would assume that the so called "spirits" can be seen better in the darkness of night, as during the day lighting would become a factor if the "spirit" itself is light colored or transparent. I really don't believe in any of that one way or the other.

4. CroftRoan profile image83
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

While ghosts and other paranormal entities do appear at any time of day, it has more to do with tradition and superstition than anything else. Night was always the scariest time for people and often no one really knew what happened after the sun set. Stories and superstitions have been created over the years to explain night. There are also magic hours (between midnight and 3 am depending on where you are) that the paranormal is said to be most powerful/evident.
    Much of what we know of spirits comes from history and superstition.

5. blake4d profile image60
    blake4dposted 4 years ago

Well at least on the TV shows that chronicle ghost hunters and paranormal investigators, it is because they have day jobs. Ghost hunting is more of a volunteer occupation. Also maybe ghosts are harder to catch on camera in normal daylight, since they are usually portrayed as somewhat translucent in appearance.

On a side note, very few vampires have reported seeing ghosts. Maybe there is a connection. LMAO. Keep on Hubbing. Blake4d

6. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I think many of these shows have cast members that tend to spook themselves by seeing, as you say, things that aren't really there and this is more easily accomplished when they can't really see what the heck in the room. Also, those specialty cameras and lights that make the eyes of cast members glow green make the whole event seem spookier. I do believe in the other world, but apparitions and spectral individuals don't need the darkness to manifest. These shows are pure exploitation. The only entertainment value I see in this type of show is in seeing the big, badass male ghost "hunters" turn into panicked, screaming little girls when they "encounter" something. Real tools there; I imagine the ghosts have a good laugh at their expense!

working