jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Has any one seen a ghost?

1. limpet profile image61
    limpetposted 4 years ago

Has any one seen a ghost?

2. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

I haven't seen a ghost, but I've experienced what could very well have been a Poltergeist.

While my late father read "ghost" stories to the family in the living room, something dramatic happened in the facing dining room.

My 3 brothers, mother and I were listening to my father read the true story of a man who had been sitting in his office at work, talking with a co-worker when all of a sudden, the glass ink well his sister had given him cracked down the middle, spilling ink all over the place. Two hours later, the man received a phone call that his sister had died two hours earlier. Later, he had the glass ink well analyzed and found that it had cracked against the grain. In other words, it was an unnatural break.

That's the story he had read, but when he got to the point where the ink well cracked, the glass cover of the light fixture above the dining table cracked. Amazingly, it didn't fall. It merely sat there, caught on a sliver of glass. Gingerly, my father lifted the bulk of the glass cover and lowered it safely to the table. What was left was a small donut of glass right at the decorate nut which held the cover in place.

Coincidence? Some coincidences are accidental. What are the chances that a glass fixture would break in a neat little ring around the nut and not fall? What are the odds that such a breakage would happen right at the breakage in the story being read?

Some coincidences are cause-and-effect.

limpetposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Synchronicity?

3. Ceegen profile image79
    Ceegenposted 4 years ago

Yes I have. But If spirits are supernatural/paranormal, how do we know if we can trust them?

"The Truth Behind Ghost Hunting" by FaceLikeTheSun --
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tep-LM42pH8
    Run time ~14 minutes.

Until I knew what I was really looking at, I was being deceived.

limpetposted 4 years agoin reply to this

spooky!

2. Ceegen profile image79
      Ceegenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very. What else do spirits have to do, if they don't have to eat, sleep or perform bodily functions?
      They aren't here to help us, that's for sure.

4. profile image53
    PerrySparkposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have visited many haunted buildings.  Several times when visiting a local restaurant, I observed a young girl sliding in and out of chairs and slipping under the tables during a wedding party there.  The story of this girl is that she died of pneumonia upstairs in the building.  Her father owned the restaurant building and as a young girl, she would sit with some of the patrons and listen to their stories.  The street cars ran right past the building and there was a small park out back with a baseball field.  Occasionally when parking in the back parking lot, one can even hear crowds cheering for the games played there.  It seems that the young girl has asked all of her friends to come home to party.

working