Have you ever seen a ghost?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years ago

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Do you believe in ghosts?  Have you seen one, or felt you've communicated with someone who has passed away?  Did it scare you?

2. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 8 years ago

No, I've never had any supernatural experience. I really do think ghosts are a manifestation of the human mind, due to schizophrenia, stress, lucid dreaming or other mental activity. Pareidolia probably also plays a big part in turning patterns of light and shade into something perceived as a human figure.
    We are moving at a velocity of several hundreds miles a second through space. So if a ghost appears stationary with no relative motion, does this imply they are made from matter just like us and affected by gravity?
    I heard a story once of a person who was badly short sighted. Yet they were clearly able to see, what they perceived to be a ghost in the distance, without their glasses. This suggests that they weren't seeing with their eyes, but instead the image was created by their mind.

3. Jojo Yousef profile image73
    Jojo Yousefposted 8 years ago

No, I feel afraid for just thinking about something like that
    I  believe in ghosts , yes

1. Qadir Brohi profile image46
      Qadir Brohiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hmmm,  ghosts are very scary.....

4. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

Not that I know of, but then again I'm not much of a believer in the supernatural. I find people's ghost stories interesting but I always question if it's true or not. I assume it would be very unnerving to have a ghoulish experience if it ever came about.

5. Qadir Brohi profile image46
    Qadir Brohiposted 8 years ago

Yes, I totally believe in ghosts, they'll communicate with us and according to the holly books (all religions) ghosts are mentioned. But, according to science it is just perception.
    Basically, someone believe when they faced similar sorts of accident.
    Now it's depend on you which you prefer science or the holly books ?

6. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 8 years ago

I ponder while hint that quite possibly maybe in fact I have. The generalized notion for a ghost is the spirit of and/or soul of the dead that appears and is witnessed by the living. When unsure I like to ponder the antithesis. Could that be the living appearing to a spirit. One may ponder which is the ghost of disbelief becoming believable. Of course then one may inquire of angels. Do angelic beings have privilege to seeing both spiritual entities and living entities. hmmmmm . . . I wonder if that gets confusing for them.

I believe there is the body, mind, soul, and spirit for a person. I speculate how many of those mammals or even any of the animal kingdom in general may have. Ever wonder about your cat having nine lives?

Could it be the human species is privilege of all four while maybe other mammals are missing one of those four? A reptile enjoys possibly only two. It gets really interesting when one considers the human species brain is said really to be three joining together becoming a fourth - reptilian, limbic, and neocortex. Alas, I wander in thought . . .

Have I ever seen a ghost? Firstly, to answer that question is first to know of whom the ghost is of. If I have never met the person, of which there is a spirit, then how would I know if a ghost or not if made avail to my senses? For instance maybe I have met the ghost of Alexander the Great, yet simply do not have the capacity or ability to recognize the very fact whom I met is in fact a ghost since never meeting Alexander the Great much less knowing him.

Do I believe in ghosts? Since I believe as shared a person of human form has a body, mind, soul, and spirit then I assuredly I must answer with yes since by definition a ghost is a spirit. Difference shared by definition is that spirit reveals itself through some means.

Have I seen one? I have to say most likely, yet I have no proof or of the least proof that is acceptable possibly even of this 'self'. After all I did not know Alexander the Great.

Do I feel like I've communicated with someone who has passed away. The definition for communication is the exchange of information or express feelings, thoughts, or ideas with someone using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors. I always wonder about this especially when my computer is acting up both on the internet and off. I just wonder. Of course I am simply weird to begin with. I think funny things like some butterflies and birds are angels in disguise. Aren't hummingbirds simply amazing :-)

7. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 8 years ago

I do and I have. They weren't in a misty form as depicted in movies. They were in human form. The first one was a boyfriend who died when I was in high school. And, no, I wasn't afraid. He came to say goodbye.

I've also seen a little boy in my house when I was married to my second husband. He was just curious and didn't stick around for long. He'd peer around a corner when I was in another room. As soon as I turned to look at him, he'd be gone, but I saw him clearly out of the corner of my eye. I believe he was a brother of my ex's that died as an infant. Why he appeared to be about 4 years old is beyond me, but I truly felt that's who he was. I wasn't afraid of him, either.

8. Sparklea profile image61
    Sparkleaposted 8 years ago

I believe in ghosts.
    I have never seen one, but pictures I took in Gettysburg have faces in them, if you look closely.  Soldiers I think.
    Gettysburg is supposed to be one of the most haunted towns in the United States.  I have visited 3 times and stayed in a haunted bed and breakfast.  Very strange things happened in the room where my friend and I stayed. 
    The battle of Gettysburg was so horrendous, and many ghost tours are held there.
    In January 2014 I took my morning walk.  It was snowing.  I took a picture of a tree, and there is a 'form' in the tree.  I posted it on Face Book and my girl friend said, 'It looks like our Lord."
    I DO believe in Jesus Christ and I am saved by His grace, but I still believe we live in a very spiritual world and apparitions are everywhere, including angels.  GREAT question.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)