jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is your religion?

1. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

What is your religion?

i am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I'm just curious what religions  people on hubpages are.

2. Junior90 profile image60
    Junior90posted 3 years ago

Im catholic & im proud to be a child of the holy one:-)

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I'm an atheist/agnostic leaning towards my birth religion of Judaism.

1. cjhunsinger profile image73
      cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Peeples--I would be interested to know how one can claim to be, both Atheistic and simultaneously an agnostic, but yet embrace Judaism.

2. peeples profile image95
      peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Most Jews embrace me based on my bloodline. It's also only religion that makes sense to me in any way. Atheist because I don't believe, Agnostic because I'm not stupid enough to think I couldn't be wrong.

4. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I am a GOD loving, Christ following Christian.

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

I'm leaning toward no "religion," but spiritual truth/wisdom/science.

I try to follow Christ, but keep failing miserably. I keep seeing improvement, though, but sometimes wonder if it's ego's delusion.

And recently, I discovered authentic Kabbalah (Bnei Baruch). These are the people who wrote the Pentateuch (first 5 books of the Bible and perhaps more) in code. Now, the code is released after thousands of years in secrecy.

I know from experience that spirit is superior to physical reality. I also know that being grounded in reality while experiencing life full of the spirit is the ultimate high. It's hard not to become selfish about that, but the selfishness (ego) gets in the way of obtaining more. I'm still feeling my way toward what Christ talked about being last (humble) so you become first.

6. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 3 years ago

Christ follower. That is, I follow the teachings of Jesus to the best of my abilities. The Jesus I follow is God in the flesh who was sent to die for our sins.

7. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'm a Christian. To be more specific, I'd say my beliefs fall in closely with the Methodist.

working