jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

How do you put your trust in God?

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

How do you put your trust in God?

2. favored profile image37
    favoredposted 3 years ago

By believing Him.  It's that easy yet that hard.  If you don't believe, you cannot trust.

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent. Thank You.

3. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Turn it all over to him, such a relief, and he will carry all for us. You must believe Jesus died for you and bares our sin. Faith, you can't see it or touch it, you must feel it. If you will try you will hear and feel his presence, and love. Won't you give him a try

4. cjhunsinger profile image73
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

You convince yourself that you have little or no self worth. You allow someone else to control your life. You abide by those teachings that ignore the  advancements of science. You turn your back on humanity and the human talent to reason. You embrace wishful fantasies, as realities. You must learn to be bias, judgmental and hateful and, too, be ready to demean and degrade others if they refuse your god. You may even want to kill them, as history shows, as well as current events.
    This, of course, all varies according to the god and his minions, that you choose to put your trust in. Doing the bidding of the lord is a prerequisite to trust. There you have it, the good believer and the trusting servant.

Hi thanks Bro, your argument seems to be as if we are sowing something and getting entirely different. Trust is that which is placed on the most Compassionate & Merciful one and in turn get the pleasure of living as a human among humans.

2. cjhunsinger profile image73
      cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

m--No, we are talking about the same thing. I see it for what it historically has been and continues to be. You see it, in terms, of wishful thinking and in accordance with your own fears and wants. Which god do you profess such trust in?

3. m abdullah javed profile image79

I put my trust in that God who says my faith has direct link with you, i should be wellwisher of you as I am to myself. We should analyse the past in way that helps make our future bright.

4. cjhunsinger profile image73

m--It would seem your question is only geared to the choir,  if so, you put  it in the wrong place. By your definition of this god,  he must be the god of the Jews or perhaps, the multiple gods of Christianity, all traceable to Aten, as too, Allah .

5. Penny G profile image73
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'll pray for you.

6. cjhunsinger profile image73

Penny--There are more productive things to do with ones life. Choosing to waste it is,  most certainly, not one of them. Perhaps, you could help out someone in need,  simply for the sake of helping another human being.

7. Penny G profile image73
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I shall do as I please and that pleases God. I think I'll have my friends pray for you too.

8. cjhunsinger profile image73

Penny--That is certainly easier then helping another human being, less time,  less energy and you really don't have to do it, just say you did it.

9. m abdullah javed profile image79

i am straight on my goal cjhun, in fact i am unable to get it from you, i believe in God who is Merciful and Compassionate, He orders me to be an epitome of the same or else my faith has no say at all.

working