jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a place for the concept of aliens in religion?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 3 years ago

Is there a place for the concept of aliens in religion?

2. Snøwman profile image62
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

God created life on earth. Why couldn't he create life on another planet?

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

In the bible there is talk of the Nephilim on earth in Genesis 6-4 and (The Book of Enoch) which was not included in the bible during the canonization process talks a lot about "Watchers". Some people call them "fallen angels". Today they'd be called aliens.
    Nevertheless as far and wide as the universe is it doubtful that this is the one and only planet which sustains life.

4. Titen-Sxull profile image86
    Titen-Sxullposted 3 years ago

Yes. Many people find compatibility between the idea of extraterrestrial life and their religious beliefs. Supposing a creator God exists would it really be logical to assume that he/she/it created billions of galaxies just for us humans? How self-centered as a species would we be to demand that any gods that exist be obsessed with us and only us?

There are many New Age and fringe beliefs that involve angels actually being aliens or that involve alien activity actually being demonic.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11883073_f260.jpg

Yes indeed, we all must become aliens, and leave the place we were born. I think ultimately we will indeed be aliens since afterlife will occur in a different time/space if you will. I am alien to the country I live in; although I am indeed legal.
    You could contemplate that the earth is not our home and indeed it is ruled by the enemy perhaps. Our home is Heaven and we are not unlike a "resistance" battling against all odds holding out for something better...

6. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

I would assume so, as long as the aliens presence don't interfere, refute, or disrespect the place of God in one's religion. Religion will probably say that God created these aliens. Why do you ask?

7. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

There are no aliens.  There are, however, demons, and I believe they are mistaken for aliens because the victim is unaware of the bible and assume that it must be aliens.

working