jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Will religion always incur war?

1. Sayyeda Zonah profile image60
    Sayyeda Zonahposted 3 years ago

Will religion always incur war?

2. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Religion never incurs war.

Ego incurs wars and all other manner of suffering. Ego is what corrupts religion, science, government, businesses and more.

Ego (not the western psychological definition, but the spiritual one) is self-concern and separateness.

Ego creates rifts -- me versus you. Ego likes to think of self as superior and always right. Ego is always entitled and likes to blame and belittle others.

But getting rid of ego and doing nothing else is impossible. You have to become Love.

Ego looks inward; love looks outward. Ego is self-concerned; love is concerned for others. Ego likes to be firsts; love is okay being last.

These are the lessons of True Religion taught by Christ, Buddha and Lao Tzu.

1. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If ego pulls the trigger, does that make religion the gun? Harmless by itself but dangerous when pointed at an enemy?

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It depends on the followers of the specific religion.
    Some folks hate those who do not think as they do or do not respect their beliefs. They may also view them as a threat to moral standards. If they notice people within their camp start to embrace customs outside of their traditions. It frightens them.
    Any group who insists (their way) is (the way) will fight to preserve their way. Most religions do not welcome change.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

No I think the misrepresentation (of a religion) or a "false-religion" or a force that is applied to a weak religion could indeed incur war...

5. Zackary Lynch profile image60
    Zackary Lynchposted 3 years ago

Yes I think so. Humans have been fighting over religious beliefs for thousands and thousands of years and sadly I don't really see that changing anytime soon. Religion conjures powerful emotions and powerful emotions are the ones people will fight for.