jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is religion?

1. rdlang05 profile image87
    rdlang05posted 4 years ago

What is religion?

Is it just a system of beliefs?  What is its relationship to spirituality?  Is atheism a religion?  Is buddhism a religion?

2. vishnum969 profile image82
    vishnum969posted 4 years ago

Religion is actually believing in something divine, which do good for humanity, nature, and the world. It is a cluster of traditions and noble actions. Religion is rational, its every actions and beliefs have a reason to perform. Spirituality also comes from religion. It is the thought process of religion which guides us to understand religion, its principle, actions and beliefs. Religion and spirituality are part of each other.
    Atheism cam also be called a religion. As i said in my article, some actions can be good in one religion and bad in some other religion. A person who is atheist can not be called bad. Its his belief in not not believing in something divine or spiritual. Atheism is also rational, as it has a reason to go beyond the beliefs of masses.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Religion in my experience and belief is organized spirituality.

The big problem with any group is that ego gets involved and ruins everything. Ego is selfish and separate. Ego is being a bully, but it's also being a victim. Ego is the Pharisee who obeys the law and lets everyone know they do. Ego is the little old lady who goes to church every Sunday, but despises the prostitute who sits in the back of the church. Ego is an equal opportunity destroyer. Hitler was ego. So is Obama.

Ego wants to be first, but will be last.

The core of religion is spirituality. This is all about the non-physical aspect of man -- the individual without ego or body. Atheism is not religion, because it has nothing to do with spirituality. Buddhism is a religion, because it is all about the "non-self" the "non-I" hidden behind ego.

When you have utter humility (no ego), perfect confidence (the true meaning of faith), unconditional love, and 100% responsibility (no room for victim or blame), miracles happen. The gateway to the keys of creation open up to you.

1. elenipissa25 profile image61
      elenipissa25posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Also i want to complete,that religion for Christians,is the love to Jesus that is happiness,truth,life.

4. jstfishinman profile image64
    jstfishinmanposted 4 years ago

The first definition of religion is belief in a diety.The second definition of religion is following the beliefs, traditions, and rituals of worshipping a diety. I am sad to say more religions are about  the second definition than the first. Spirituality is allowing that Spirit of the diety to work in you and through you. It is possible for an atheist to be spiritual without being religious. Buddha is supposed to be a prophet, not a diety,, therefore not to be worshipped.Buddha told people not to worship him as a diety.

working