jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Which do you think can be the continuation of current life-style?

1. kknde profile image60
    kkndeposted 3 years ago

Which do you think can be the continuation of current life-style?

I am thinking that current run after profit will stop at some point and then some other kind of life order will come. Which is this?

2. Kylyssa profile image97
    Kylyssaposted 3 years ago

Don't tell the giant corporations or the oligarchy but that change is coming faster than you might expect. 3-D printing is going to change the economy and that change might be unstoppable because some mega corporations like Google (and a few others looking forward to service-based economies) have invested in 3-D printing. Multiple 3-D printing companies have committed to the idea of open source programming and they are eager to see things cheaply printed off for use by people of all incomes. It will change the face and cost of modern medicine with cheap diagnostic devices, prosthetic devices, splints, artificial joints, medicine delivery, and even the printing off of actual replacement organs made of the ill person's own cells.

If the giant manufacturing corporations don't manage to crush the technology, it will level the playing field by making all sorts of comforts and technologies available to people living even in the poorest areas. Multiple associated companies are working on materials that can be recycled at home. One exciting use for those materials is in food packaging. People would be able to clean their food packaging, toss it into a hopper , and use it to print off something else they want or need, like eyeglass frames. Imagine saving up cereal boxes and produce packaging to print off a pair of shoes, a set of bowls, or even a skateboard!

I'm concerned about what the mega corporations that rely on planned obsolescence and non-food goods for their wealth may do to fight against the dying demand for the things they sell. But, oh, if they can just leave that growing technology alone, things will be looking up for the "little people" in the world in under a decade.

1. kknde profile image60
      kkndeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think you might be right, but as I see there is another way where things change: more and more people are interested in the quality and how a product is done and for they it matters more if it is done by a man or not...

2. Kylyssa profile image97
      Kylyssaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure there are other ways for the world to change, but this is observable and actually happening right now. It will also drive an increase in the value of handmade goods. It's better for people and the environment.

working