What does the word LOVE mean to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What does the word LOVE mean to you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8580170_f260.jpg

2. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Thinking of the welfare of another or others without any self-concern.

Love is never "right," and never makes others wrong. Love never keeps score. With love, there is never a need for reciprocation.

Love wants others to have whatever they desire, even if that desire is to slap one's face. You see, love is never a victim, because love does not have any self-concern.

Love rises above the petty dichotomies, like victim-perpetrator. Love is not in opposition to anything, including hate. Love is pure and untouched by dichotomies. Love doesn't come halfway, but all the way. Love gives as if there were an infinite reservoir of abundance.

Too few know what love really is. Too many include self-concern and this makes it not love but ego.

3. profile image54
    Ian Mooneposted 3 years ago

I say love is a frequency that our body can vibrate at, if we find our hobbies passions & interests & are loving our days..If we love what were doing it makes sense to me, that we should be "vibrating" on the love frequency (if it's possible to actually do that)..Anyway i reckon that as were vibrating on the love frequency we would naturally attract our soul mate, who would also have to be vibrating on the love frequency to attract us..So in theory every bodies soul mate is already out there, but if one or neither are doing what they love doing they wont be able to vibrate & attract each other..A lot of people tell me their in love, but to me they don't know what love is..To me it would mean that the two people would literally worship each other, because there is no other person out there for them & they would know it..I can say this with confidence: 2 people that have split up were never in love in the first place, & i know a lot of people would disagree with that statement..What all those people were & are doing, is learning what love "isn't". :-)

4. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

Love is God Almighty for it is written God is love
    Reference Bible 1Jo 4:16 And we ourselves have come to know and have believed the love that God has in our case. God is love, and he that remains in love remains in union with God and God remains in union with him.
    That love will be in complete fulfillment of a New Heavens and earth.
    He promises that he will make all things New
    Reference Bible 2Pe 3:13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. 
    All the unjust and disgust will be a thing of the past. Satan will not be able to continue his rulership at present. That is causing grief and death,
    All things he has done will be undone. That is what God's love does!
    Jesus is working and finding new citizens for what will be all New!
    That is true love on his part and the Heavenly Father.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Love is Silence. Unspoken, yet again the bliss of Heaven expressed within the fire of the Soul. Sometimes it smoulders; again sometimes it's just a tiny flame of beauty, a breath upon the wind. It dances like the daffodils responding to the warmth and radiance of the Sun, and comes forth as a kernel to replenish or invigorates Earth's beauty.

Love dances to the cadences of the Universe; bends in adoration to the Cosmic Will, while nurturing the yearnings or longings of the microcosm and macrocosm in equal measure. When you feel it, you will be unable to account for it, but rather you'll give selflessly of yourself without asking why, but simply because Love tells you to.

It is Love we see in the purity and innocence of the child; the joy we feel when walking in natures dawns and awakening to the spirit of our tomorrows. From its highest Bliss, the same Essence descends to the gross form of human love, and in its Oneness, tries to lift it in sublimity to its natural state.

Love manifests in our laughter and in our joys; our trials and in our tribulations, and is the very pulse of Being. It is the yearning of the One for the One. Rising from Itself, it manifests its Light in myriad ways. Like the Mother, it reaches out in Sacrifice, through bruises as well as nectar Divine, always seeing the entire picture, for the benefit of all.

Love is within you like the flower, and you are the sacrifice of its fragrance. In Love and Light, GM

1. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Grace.
      Your Spirit recognised my beautiful answer. I have turned most of it into a poem:http://manatita44.hubpages.com/hub/Love-An-Offering-to-The-Soul. I knew within seconds that it was special, and so more Gratitude to you for this.Peace

6. dags the drover profile image72
    dags the droverposted 3 years ago

For me, Love is a verb.

It comes in the form of my experience of being loved by a woman for the last 40 years. This love is unconditional because I am not worthy of her love.

I know that her capacity to love unconditionally flows from her own inner  experience of being loved unconditionally by The Big Boss upstairs.

Cheers

7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Love is an (emotion or feeling) one has towards something or someone.
    Naturally there are different types of love such as "parental love", "friendship love", and "sibling love". A person can also love their job, an organization they belong to, a particular restaurant or vacation destination.
    However it is "romantic love" which is most often discussed.
    As much as many people would like to believe this to be untrue the reality is there is no "universal definition" for love.
    A person only knows what (they) mean when they say they "love" another.
    The mistake many people make is (assuming) when someone tells them they love them that his/her definition is the same as their own! They say things like: "If you loved me you would...etc" Each of us creates our own vision of what love should (look) like.
    "I love you" can mean I care a lot about you but "I don't see you as being (the one) for me." This is what people are trying to say when they say things like "I love you  but I'm not (in love) with you."
    Love for me means a person is in my "inner circle" of people I treasure in my life and would miss terribly if they were no longer here. If it is "romantic love" it means I've mustered up the courage to be "vulnerable" to you because I trust you with my heart, thoughts, secrets, hopes and dreams. In order for me to (feel loved), like everyone else I look at words and actions.

8. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

This is a tricky question. Love is many, many things. Sometimes it is absolute bliss, sometimes it is the worst pain you've experienced, and sometimes it is a ray of hope. There are many other ways to translate love, but I think if I had to choose only one word, it would be..., complicated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)